fr rear diffuser

ray

Jan 7, 2016
9c8b0b71218adf11f3580501a067b5a5.jpg

I’ve had my front bumper done like the cupra with the black in the middle, the rear diffuser fins and painted obviously.

The diffuser fins I got off eBay but I had to request they were modified to be curved rather than square like original and they were £40, just screwed on.

Price wise a good price is £100 per panel, prep work on the bumper is easy just wet and dry the plastic until the little bumps are away, save you some £££ if you did that before going in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
9c8b0b71218adf11f3580501a067b5a5.jpg

I’ve had my front bumper done like the cupra with the black in the middle, the rear diffuser fins and painted obviously.

The diffuser fins I got off eBay but I had to request they were modified to be curved rather than square like original and they were £40, just screwed on.

Price wise a good price is £100 per panel, prep work on the bumper is easy just wet and dry the plastic until the little bumps are away, save you some £££ if you did that before going in.

looks good pal, always been a fan of gloss black on white, its a winner every time. You just wanna get the windows done to finish it off!

Yeah ive had the front done. I just want the rear diffuser paintng. I was hoping i could get it done as cheap as possible as i could get the wrap for it for around 30quid. its not supposed to stick to the surface, but i did a small test patch at the weekend and seemed ok to me.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
If you sand it then it will deffo stick better but from experience the wrap has been fine on plastic trim.

If your quite handy the plastic I believe is just screwed onto the bumper so whip your bumper off and the plastic will make it far easier to prep and wrap/paint.

With gloss black you’d probably be ok doing it yourself and it’s cheap enough if you make a mess just try again.

My windows are just factory tints which is enough for now, had it two years and I’m itching to change already so I won’t be doing any thing else to this one.

Good luck and pos pics however you decide to do this.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
If you sand it then it will deffo stick better but from experience the wrap has been fine on plastic trim.

If your quite handy the plastic I believe is just screwed onto the bumper so whip your bumper off and the plastic will make it far easier to prep and wrap/paint.

With gloss black you’d probably be ok doing it yourself and it’s cheap enough if you make a mess just try again.

My windows are just factory tints which is enough for now, had it two years and I’m itching to change already so I won’t be doing any thing else to this one.

Good luck and pos pics however you decide to do this.

yeah the diffuser is just screwed to the bumper. so bumper can stay on just unscrew and unclip the diffuser. (sperate piece) i took it off when i tested a small patch of wrap. it did stick but worringly peeled off far too easy for my liking. Think i just need to get some quotes for it spraying, if its too much for my liking then just bite the bullet and wrap it........ if anyones wrapped theres would be nice to hear how its holding up.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
Just sand it down till it’s smooth and buy some cans, worst case you make a mess of it and need to get it sprayed but if it’s off and sanded down your gunna be cheap for that especially in the colour.

ray

Jan 7, 2016
That looks slick, I bought that spoiler too but changed my mind on fitting it when I was getting the diffuser done.

It’s still in my shed, painted black same as the diffuser, would sell it cheap to get rid lol.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise