Today was Pickup day.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Picked up my new 2.0 TDI sport this morning and have been very impressed with the car so far. The car feels and handles very well and has loads of power through the gears.

The heated seats are brilliant especially in this cold weather. I have had a few problems with the bluetooth mobile kit. I can get the phone recognised and use the devise to receive incoming calls but cannot get the phone book from the phone on to the computer. Been reading the manual but it does not give much detail.

Looking at the mpg it doesn’t seem to be that good at the moment but then again I have been giving a real good run.

The dimensions of the car will take a while to get use to, especially in tight parking spaces because the front is quite pointy.

All in all I am very pleased with the car and the service I have received from Seat.

Please post a message back if you would like any more information on the new Leon and how it drives.
:D

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Glad to hear you're happy with the new car.
Keep the impressions coming as I need something to think about as I now can't now get mine till Wednesday afternoon :(

That bluetooth seems a bit fiddly from what I've read, hope you get it sorted.

vern

I Miss Her Below!
Jun 17, 2003
N.Yorks.
seatcupra.net
Nice car mate, dont worry about the bluetooth, it aint seat, bmw's are the same, bluetooth protocol sh*te, u got a nokia? manual's are all cr@p, do a search on here, Steve with an altea on here has written a few pointers on seat and bluetooth :)

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Dont worry about the economy, the 2.0 gets much better once it loosens up as it gets run in.

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Congrats on the new car...I'm sure you'll enjoy it as much as I'm enjoying mine.

I found out about the car being a bit pointy when I parked the dealers test car about 20 cm from a wall :redface: ...in fairness it did seem like I was much further away. Needless to say I've been extra careful with mine!

I reckon it could do with parking sensors on the front as well as the back.

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
s22jcd said:
I have had a few problems with the bluetooth mobile kit. I can get the phone recognised and use the devise to receive incoming calls but cannot get the phone book from the phone on to the computer. Been reading the manual but it does not give much detail. :D

what phone do you have I had similar issue with another kit with my K750i all it turned out to be I needed to flash my phone with more recent firmware. Straight away blue tooth started to work better.

If it one of the new Sony Ericcson phones that come with a USB cable you can do it yourself using their website

@bs

magic77 said:
what phone do you have I had similar issue with another kit with my K750i all it turned out to be I needed to flash my phone with more recent firmware. Straight away blue tooth started to work better.

If it one of the new Sony Ericcson phones that come with a USB cable you can do it yourself using their website

I also have the K750i and found that it froze for ages after syncing all the contacts but after around 20-30 minutes of inactivity, the phonebook suddenly appeared! This may be why it isn't listed as compatible on the website:

Bluetooth Compatibility

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have been doing some more miles today after getting the car yesterday. I am really impressed with the car so far.

Got one problem and that is theirs a little rattle in the door behind the driver which I will need Seat to sort out when it goes back this week to have the number plates changed. (They had a problem getting my private plate put on in time.)

Apart from that the car is brilliant.

I have only done 60 miles in the car today and the wheels are covered in black dirt. Must be from the breaks, I assume.

I had some really good fun putting the car throw its paces.

I am considering buying the Stainless Steel Sill Guards and having a chip put on it. I have a friend who has the new 2.0 TDI Golf and since he has had the chip put on he has got better MPG out of it.

Has anyone got any opinions on these options? [B)]

magic77

Soot Machine
Jan 20, 2004
Camberley - Surrey
Visit site
@bs said:
I also have the K750i and found that it froze for ages after syncing all the contacts but after around 20-30 minutes of inactivity, the phonebook suddenly appeared! This may be why it isn't listed as compatible on the website:

Bluetooth Compatibility

just go to the SE website and do an update well worth it and it does not erase anything so no need to worry about loosing anything

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
How are you finding the firm ride on your local roads?

Is the 6 speed box to your liking?
When I test drove one it took a little while to get used to the precise gating.

Did yours come with the Bridgestones?
Grip seem ok?
Seen the traction control light come on yet?

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
magic77 said:
just go to the SE website and do an update well worth it and it does not erase anything so no need to worry about loosing anything

Whats the SE website?

Are you talking about updating the bluetooth on the phone or the car?

M4Y CA

glad ya like ya car,

was wondering what options etc you went for as looking to get the tdi myself.

as ya down south from me what deal did ya get?

my local dealership dont seam to be willing to give anything off!!!

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
paradyne said:
How are you finding the firm ride on your local roads?

Is the 6 speed box to your liking?
When I test drove one it took a little while to get used to the precise gating.

Did yours come with the Bridgestones?
Grip seem ok?
Seen the traction control light come on yet?
The ride does seam a bit firm at times but very responsive when giving the car a bit of stick round corners.

The six speed box does take a little bit of getting use to. I find it hard to remember what gear I am in when changing down because you go from 6 up to 5. I have found that I hardly need the 6 gear round were I live. Used it a lot today when I went along the M20 and M25.

My car came with the Bridgestone tyres. The grip with these tyres seams very good. Have not really had any wet conditions yet so cannot make a firm decision whether there good or not. Will have to see how long they last and how much they cost to replace. And as for the traction control light :D , I have been seeing this light quite a lot on the screen. Due to the fact of really loving the power and acceleration and testing out.

Really made up with the car.

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Glad you are enjoying the new car matey!

Pleased to hear the heated seats are working well too - so pleased I ordered these for mine - they would have come in very handy this morning!

Should be getting a call anytime now advising the car has arrived at the docks in Sheppey!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.