Wait over - its here! 2.0TDI Sport observations

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I still cannot get the bluetooth phone book on to the cars system. Can use the bluetooth but not the phone book. Just says phone book empty.

Going to nip into Seat next week and get them to fix it.

I have got a Nokia 7610.

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
s22jcd said:
I still cannot get the bluetooth phone book on to the cars system. Can use the bluetooth but not the phone book. Just says phone book empty.

Going to nip into Seat next week and get them to fix it.

I have got a Nokia 7610.

Quirks with the bluetooth is exactly why I didn't bother ordering it as an option!!

@Starbank: yep, will get some more shots tomorrow, including the interior.

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
I like the idea of the bigger screen in the dash, but I can imagine it's a little fiddly to get up an running. I suppose if you are in your car a lot it's handy to have, never mind keeping on the right side of the bill.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Yes it is quite handy. I just love the wing mirrors at the moment. I have got the chrome ones and when you pull into a car park and press the button and they go up people just look and smile.

Really makes the car stand out. I’m thinking about getting the Leon door trims fitted because I think they add a touch of class to the car.

I hear you can adjust how long the lights stay on and how many flashes the car does when you lock it. But there are so many options on that screen to fiddle around with.

I think I will just stick to driving it at the moment. I’m ever so cautious when parking it or driving down narrow streets. I’m seriously worried about curbing one of the wheels. I have found that the car is a bit pointy especially when parking in tight streets.
;)

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
I caught the kerb a few times when I first got the car, I think it has something to do with the way the car is fatter at the top! Thankfully it was a very low kerb so no damage. I've been extra careful since.

I'm looking at the trim kit myself, not too sure what the quality of it is like, although my dealer tells me that they have i fitted to a show car so I might have to have a look.

I had the chrome mirrors on the Ibiza, but Im not sure if they suit the Leon just as well, but the folding mirrors are pretty cool not to mention useful in a tight space.

Also it's nice have a light in the boot...not more feeling about in the dark...well not in the boot anyway! :D

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
I have got the brushed aluminium inserts in the car door trim and this looks brilliant. Makes the door panel stand out. Would like to see what the centre armrest looks like because would like one of them as well. :drool:

Santa will be busy this year. :D

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
I like the idea of the armrest, but you have to screw it into place. I don't fancy cocking up install and being left with nice screw holes in the trim, you also lose the two cup holders.

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
The dealer will be replacing the main front grille on mine before I collect with the honeycomb version available off the Spanish SEAT site.

Although I've not seen the grille in the flesh I'm hopeful it will add a wee bit more continuity to the front end. Only costs about £25 too!

Tried to wangle some free Leon floor mats too but no luck - getting them at a discount price though! They should be provided free because they protect the standard carpets so much.

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Not Bi-Xenon

Unless I've got it wrong, the headlamps aren't Bi-Xenon.
Dipped is definately xenon and has the projector lens on it. Main beam looks like a standard H3 Halogen bulb above the sidelight, so now I'm confused.
A short while after I ordered the car, the Seat website was updated to say Bi-Xenon on the options.

Confused.

Stu B

DarthWombleIII & WombleII
paradyne said:
Hey Starbank, glad things are progressing on your car.

I didnt notice that the Ref Sport couldnt have xenon's - I suppose Seat thought that being the "budget" sport model that people were unlikely to pick the xenons to add on.
Funny that was the one I was considering....

paradyne said:
@Stu B. I'll have a couple of quick pics up later. I can have a fettle in photoshop and produce a special green edition for you if you like ;)

I await the `green` edition :D

slo2mad

Motor Vehicle Technician
Mar 12, 2003
oxfordshire
Visit site
I Picked mine up on the 1st Dec. I also forgot to negotiate mats and had to purchase them :doh:
Only extra option i got was rear parking sensors and they are brilliant.

I am loving the car. Please feel free to ask me any questions.

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
@slo2mad Good to hear you like yours too :)

@StuB It'll be next week that I get time for a green edition...

I think the only thing that I have issue with is the rear view mirror which I do find obscures my vision to the left and I find myself having to lean forward to get the best view. Shorter drivers who sit nearer the wheel may well have less of an issue.

I reckon a narrower version of the mirror would improve matters somewhat.

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
I've noticed two little things that seem to be missing from the New Leon.

1. It doesn't have a boot open light, contrary to both the brochure and the manual.

2. It doesn't have a warning light to let you know you are out of screenwash.

The dealer tells me that problem 1 is an error in the manual and I only found out about problem 2 today.

It's a bit annoying as my sisters 02 Leon has the screenwash light thing.... :confused:

I thing the bigger MFD show the boot open but I wonder if it warns about the screenwash...hmmm

slo2mad

Motor Vehicle Technician
Mar 12, 2003
oxfordshire
Visit site
LeakyTurnip said:

1. It doesn't have a boot open light, contrary to both the brochure and the manual.

The dealer tells me that problem 1 is an error in the manual and I only found out about problem 2 today.

It's a bit annoying as my sisters 02 Leon has the screenwash light thing.... :confused:

I thing the bigger MFD show the boot open but I wonder if it warns about the screenwash...hmmm

Yes i found out about the rear boot open warning light by accident. On my way home from picking the car up, i found the rear wiper & washer wasn't working. One quick phone call to the dealer and problem solved. I hadn't shut the boot properly. :doh:No indication on the dash which surprised me as there is for doors open.
If your rear wiper doesn't work then check you boot is shut tight.

As for the screenwash, i haven't used enough to run out yet but on my old Leon when the warning came on, it used to scare the be-jesus out of me.

I also agree on the interior mirror. It's a bit of overkill just for rear view.

Jonno

Back to the Seat fold
May 3, 2002
Nottinghamshire
Visit site
Leakyturnip

It's a bit annoying as my sisters 02 Leon has the screenwash light thing....

If you have the MFD which comes with the Bluetooth option there is a schematic of the car in the display which tells you if your doors, boot or bonnet are open or unlatched.

Again on the MFD you get a text warning message that the screenwash has run out (although I haven't put it to the test yet) :)

I was going to have the optional rear parking sensors when I ordered my Leon and the dealer had one in stock already with them on and in the colour I wanted. I managed to negotiate the sensors as a free addition.

Then when I went to collect it on 11 November the dealer informed me that it also had the Bluetooth and MP3 option and as they didn't know that originally they didn't charge me for that option either :D

By the way my K700i (software version R2AY004) works perfectly with Bluetooth in the Leon.

Cheers

Jonno

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Bi-Xenon's mystery over (I think)

In my previous posting I was unsure of if I actually had a Bi-Xenon system on the car, mostly because I wasnt sure how it might work.
I definately had HID on the dipped beam, yet noticed when switching to main beam that a pair of what seemed to be halogen bulbs came on and these bulbs were positioned above the sidelights.

Now having been out on the open road and using main beam, a pair of elliptical light marks appear on the road, and are halogen coloured. However light output was much greater than I could explain... so I had a hunt on the net about Bi-Xenon systems and came across the following info.

"The bi-xenon headlamp developed by Hella produces dipped and main beam light using one single xenon bulb. Its light is projected onto the road through a large glass lens with a diameter of 70 millimetres The respective light distribution is produced by a movable shutter which generates the cut-off prescribed for dipped beam light in its raised position and then makes way for the main beam when lowered. An additional halogen main beam light takes over the flashing headlamp function."

This of course explains why there is only one projector lens!!! :)

Last edited: