I need a little help...

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
Single Chrome Exhaust Fitting Help....

I just picked up my new tail pipe end from the dealer. I was planning on getting it from IMG (sorry) but I was picking up a few things from the dealer and they had one in stock and it actually worked out cheaper!!

Any how the instructions are shite! You need to trim 67mm from the exhaust but the end of the pipe is not straight so where do you measure from?

Any help you guys could provide would be great!

Thanks

ExhaustInstructions.jpg

PicofExhaust.jpg

And yes the car needs a wash!! :)

Last edited:

JmZ

ZZZooooommmmmmm!
Nov 20, 2002
around and about
Visit site
my (probably worthless) tip would be to measure and cut a 67mm long bit of string or similar, secure on end with an elastic band and trace it along the pipe you want to cut.

Should work ok give or take 1mm! ;)

LeakyTurnip

Mull Fember
Feb 11, 2005
N.Ireland
s22jcd said:
Have you got a finshed pic?

How much did the part cost u?

Thank you.

By the time I got the pipe cut, it was dark! So no picture yet!

The part was £38.00, which I though was quite good, when I was half way through cutting the pipe and about to give up I remebered that the dealer wanted £45 to fit the thing, that was my motivation to continue!!!

I think my mum has bought me (for christmas) the chrome for along the bottom of the boot so when all is fitted it should look well!!

I'll get a pic when possible.

JmZ said:
Should work give or take 1mm! :)

When I measured the 67mm it was right on the bit where the pipe gets wider so I think I cut about 73mm...whoops! Seems to look okay though, I didn't want it sticking out anyway!

But thanks for the tip!