How to change your headlamps to xenon

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
To get HIDS in the Seat OEM Bi-Xenon headlights we have 2 options

1) the OEM set up of ballasts and bulbs - £540
2) aftermarket HID kit ballasts and bulbs - £90

So buy the aftermarket HID kit from HIDS-Direct or the likes.

Is that not obvious and clear enough?

Last edited:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
To get HIDS in the Seat OEM Bi-Xenon headlights we have 2 options

1) the OEM set up of ballasts and bulbs - £540
2) aftermarket HID kit ballasts and bulbs - £90

So buy the aftermarket HID kit from HIDS-Direct or the likes.

Is that not obvious and clear enough?

Its an absolutely half arsed way to do it.

1) the OEM set up of ballasts and bulbs - YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BUY THESE PARTS FROM THE DEALER. YOU WILL GET THESE CHEAPER FROM EUROPARTS ETC ETC.

2) aftermarket HID kit ballasts and bulbs - why buy 2 quality OEM projectors then stick in a shite chinese hid kit? Which , going by next year will fail an MOT anyway.

You should be able to pick up the bulbs & ballasts required to fit the OEM projector for half the price quoted under 1).

P13ULC

Nov 29, 2010
Preston
Yea I know what you mean, I'd love to have the OEM set up but it way expensive, will have to price it up from Euro, get my mate to order them and get them at trade.

Got there in the end, lol
Cheers

olliebloory

nop part numbers are for europe mainland so i guess you have to look for the right ones for you, the cost well i found a guy that sells them pretty cheap 300 euros both headlamps d1s bulbs and both ballast and give you for free a pair of ballast or bulbs whatever your choice is.

the connectors and cables costs 20 euros top for the pair, so isnt very expensive to do it and is very easy and looks hot :funk:

How can i get hold some of these headlamps you mention ???..??

togashi

Sorry to dig up a kind of old topic but does assuming (not sure if they have or not) these headlights have DRL's does it need anything extra to make them work?

Thanks!

tommy_a

Nov 1, 2009
Salford
Been asked for part numbers in another thread so this is probably the best place to post them :)

LEFT HEADLAMP 1P2941039 - £164
RIGHT HEADLAMP 1P2941040 - £164
CONTROL UNIT 4L0907391 - £150 x 2
RANGE CONTROL MOTOR 1P0941295B - £57 x 2
XENON BULB N10566103 - £120 X 2
LEFT BULB COVER 1P0941607 - £8
RIGHT BULB COVER 1P0941608 - £8
CONNECTOR 1J0973737 - £3 x 2
WIRE 000979131 - £1.41 x 2

anyone know if these part numbers are for pre-facelift or facelift models ? also, regarding the range control motor mentioned above, is that the auto adjuster ? if so could the motor from the standard headlight work ?

ive also been on kufatec.de and found a kit they do. is this just the sensors and control unit for the auto leveling? http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...ing-Headlights---Retrofit---Seat-Leon-1P.html also do the sensors bolt to the struts somewhere ? is that how it works ?

any info greatly appreciated !! :D:D

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
anyone know if these part numbers are for pre-facelift or facelift models ? also, regarding the range control motor mentioned above, is that the auto adjuster ? if so could the motor from the standard headlight work ?

ive also been on kufatec.de and found a kit they do. is this just the sensors and control unit for the auto leveling? http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_...ing-Headlights---Retrofit---Seat-Leon-1P.html also do the sensors bolt to the struts somewhere ? is that how it works ?

any info greatly appreciated !! :D:D

part numbers are for the prefacelifts.

The standard range /height control will not work with the OEM Xenons - they only work off the auto self leveling system.

I have done the conversion and left the auto leveling out as it is from my understanding, a very big job to do - wiring looms not matching, etc.

Not sure how that system in the link works but it looks a bit shoddy tbh! LOL

Lopez

Note: the facelifts xenon bulbs only need the rear nivelator for afs. Front is not needed because bulbs got autoleveling inside

s2ttb if you have any question with the afs retrofiting ask to me, i have retrofitted yet

Last edited by a moderator:

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
Hi everybody.

I read that swapping the plugs is a bit of a PITA so I gave it a shot before I get the bumper off and everything. I took off the plug and slid the pink tab, then, with a very small screwdriver I tried to release the pins to no avail... what's the trick to do this? Or should I just take out the dremel and cut the plug?

ragz

Mar 21, 2010
would anyone be interested in a brand new pair of genuine xenon headlights also includes bulbs but needs control boxes

lepero

Dec 3, 2011
I have some bi-xenon headlamps for driving left. They are for the facelift. The headlights are complete and with AFS.

The sell for 350 pounds.(Negotiable)

If you want pictures, ask him and I teach them.

PS: The part numbers for facelift are: 5P2 941 753 D and 5P2 941 754 D

Greetings!

Last edited:

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
hi i just got a pair of xenons heads lights with the leads, i pluged it all up and light on my dash come on tell me a light aint working and it was the high beam i changed the bulb but it dont work. i have wire come out of pin 10 11 dose anyone know were that gos.

iv been reading through the post but i cant find why my high beam dont work and i cant get my head around it can someone plz help me

thank you jag

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
no i havnt. i plug it all up and all the lights work but i have no full beam.

i know you dont need them really but i aint changing my headlights every year for a mot.....

jags

Dec 4, 2012
west london
i connected them using adapter. from pin number 10 and 11 i have a lose wire were i have no idea were it gos?????

basstard

Dropping Cogs is Useless
Aug 24, 2002
Roma, Italia
Visit site
i connected them using adapter. from pin number 10 and 11 i have a lose wire were i have no idea were it gos?????

It's the one for the xenon high beam [if your headlamps are bixenons]. Goes inside the cabin to the relay assembly. Check the link I posted in post #52, it's all written there.

That said, I don't have that connected [seriously can't be arsed...] and I got the normal halogen high beam working...