heated windscreen?

kezFR07

now with ko4 power
Jun 15, 2008
yorkshire
hi, had a nightmare earlier when a truck went by me and flicked a stoned up at me crackin my windscreen by about 4 inch gutted!! anyway i wanted to know if 07 fr tfsi has a heated windscreen like the back window? on the dash iv got two buttons one for the back and i think the other may be for the front but just wanted to check. cheers lads

alx_chung

Dark Lord of the Torque
Sep 11, 2006
In front of a PC....
hi, had a nightmare earlier when a truck went by me and flicked a stoned up at me crackin my windscreen by about 4 inch gutted!! anyway i wanted to know if 07 fr tfsi has a heated windscreen like the back window? on the dash iv got two buttons one for the back and i think the other may be for the front but just wanted to check. cheers lads

Its not on the options list from what I can remember. Have a look closely at the windscreen, does it have any lines going up and own the screen? If it doesn't then its likely that you don't have a heated windsreen.
Alex

Last edited:

John S FR 170

Feb 8, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Have an 07 FR, the 2 buttons i have are for the heated rear screen and the other button is for the front screen, which just diverts the airflow to the screen to assist in de-misting.
No heating wires in my front screen, would be nice to have a quick clear windscreen this time of year.

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
No, there is no heated windscreen, not even with the winter pack. I would definitely optioned one if it was available.
The button is as John S said: When pressed it uses the air con and increases the fan speed directing the flow to the screen. By using the air con it tries to dry out the condensation and will overide any other setting like economy(econ button which dissables the air con pump) Once defrosted/demisted just press either the econ or auto button.

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
the heated windscreen is not available for the any seat car, it may still only be on fords, the buttons just blows air onto the windscreen

Jul 10, 2007
Leeds
On a side note I think there are 2 different windscreens on the Leon depending if you have the Convenience Pack or not.

Isn't that because it's basically a re badged Galaxy, as the Sharan is?

Yes exactly right, use of that screen was part of the production sharing agreement.

Even better than the heated screens were the timer set heaters that were available on certain model Alhambras (and some Audis) a few years back. All you had to do was set a timer to come on 30 minutes before you'd be using the car the next morning and the auxillary heater would kick in at that time heating and defrosting the car and ensuring the coolant was more or less up to operating temp so as soon as you moved off the main heater would work and the engine didn't have much warming up to do. it really was the ultimate tool for p***ing off the neighbours as they scraped their icy screens in the cold and you used that extra time to have another leisurely brew whilst watching them from the warmth of the house.:D

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Thats interesting to know about Ford holding the patent.. Its the one thing I miss on my FR that I used to have on my Focus!

Donnyboy

The Candy Man
Mar 15, 2005
renfrewshire
One had the sensor at the top left hand side for the auto wipers. The black edging actually goes round the sensor so I assume it is a different screen.

I don't think mine goes round the sensor.........would need to check though. I'm pretty sure it doesn't as I remember thinking it was a daft place for the sensor and they should've made the sensor longer or something.

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
the heated windscreen is not available for the any seat car, it may still only be on fords, the buttons just blows air onto the windscreen
Seat do list a electric heated screen, but no one has seen this item!! this side of the pond anyway[I believe there are 3 types of screen ]. the comment about Ford holding pats. is not quite true my Daughters BMW Mini 1 had a winter pack which had a great elect screen.

n_olympios

greek member
I don't think mine goes round the sensor.........would need to check though. I'm pretty sure it doesn't as I remember thinking it was a daft place for the sensor and they should've made the sensor longer or something.

Here's a pic of my FR sensor for you guys.

P1030243_resize.jpg

The sensor is there as the wipers park at the A-pillars, which means they don't clean the part behind the central mirror (in the middle of the windscreen, where the sensors). :)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.