Leon Washerjets

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Well..... i tried to adjust my washer jets as they seemed to be squirting too far down the screen so i stuck a flat screwdriver in and moved it but now it seems to spray ok on the left side of the spray but the right side of the spray is now too high (not as in high on the screen but actually spraying in the air!!)

Does the washer jet use a ball inside e.g. does it turn left and right as well as up and down or is it nackered, if its nackered how much is a new heated washer jet :banned:

JD_SCN

It has a sort of ball in it allowing it free movement within two axis. Best thing is to use a needle or pin or something small and pointed insert it into the opening and you should be able to adjust it, it's all trial and error! you'll get there in the end

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
thanks will try that when i get in tonight, if it works saves me buying a new one lol :D

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
I find this too, most the screen wash hits the screen then bounces off over the car.

Am replacing headlamp bulbs tonight so will have a look at the washer jets too. Will feedback the results.

Stuart

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
any update on this yet, didnt have time last nite to have a look at mine

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
I would have had a look but i broke my work light as i was putting the bonnet down after changeing the 5 headlamp bulbs (which was very easy, i dont know what people go on about!)

I looked with a torch but it was kinda rubbish so ill try and get a look at it sometime today.
I tried to move the nozzle with my finger nail but nothing happened. I didnt see anything in the manual on this.

Stuart

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
sorted!!! basically use a pin (and not a screwdriver :doh:) and put it in the middle of the washerjet then push the pin in the direction you want it to do, it moves up/down and left and right

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Hi,

I had a look at adjusting the nozzle this afternoon as travelling from Aberdeen to Edinb the top of the screen was smearing and the bottom was sparking with the jet blast from the screenwash.

I used a pin but couldnt move the ball. I didnt want to force it as the apature the water comes out is a fine horizontal slit and i didnt want to deform this.

Either side of the ball where the water comes out, there are two other holes but these didnt do anything either and no water comes out of them.

I did considder using some watchmakers screwdrivers as they have a fine flat tip of the right size so shouldnt dammage the nozzle but i dont have any with me. Will try this when im back home on Monday/Tues.

Does anybody know how easy the nozzles should be to move? Previous cars ive had used a stainless steel ball which moved quite freely.

Stuart

mds1256

Facelift Leon Cupra
Jan 7, 2007
Hi,

I had a look at adjusting the nozzle this afternoon as travelling from Aberdeen to Edinb the top of the screen was smearing and the bottom was sparking with the jet blast from the screenwash.

I used a pin but couldnt move the ball. I didnt want to force it as the apature the water comes out is a fine horizontal slit and i didnt want to deform this.

Either side of the ball where the water comes out, there are two other holes but these didnt do anything either and no water comes out of them.

I did considder using some watchmakers screwdrivers as they have a fine flat tip of the right size so shouldnt dammage the nozzle but i dont have any with me. Will try this when im back home on Monday/Tues.

Does anybody know how easy the nozzles should be to move? Previous cars ive had used a stainless steel ball which moved quite freely.

Stuart
dont use screwdrivers i did and it went wrong, basically i used a pin and put it in the right hand side of the ball (this is the adjustment i needed) and lifted the pin up it took a few times but it moved, it didnt move very far only slightly so may need a few attempts to adjust

LilBlueLeon

Hi, not exactly the same issue as my front jets have stopped working, but it looks like the connectors have popped off the jet just under the windscreen. Any ideas how to get to them as it looks like you have to remove the windscreen to get to it (which is not something im capable of doing myself!! :-D )

Thanks

p.s. sorry just saw this is MK2 Leon, mines a MK1!!! Will repost in a relevant section!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
I have adjusted mine today as they were low. you should see 2 small holes either side of the washer nozzle slot. push a 1mm allen key into one of the 2 small holes and use the allen key to tilt the washer and adjust the spray up or down.

There does not seem to be a left and right adjustment

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.