Alloy Wheels Repairs? & New Tyres Which Will Protect Them?

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
I am 1st of all looking to get my alloys rstored and get the kerb marking scratches off. Once done ill be looking to purchase new tyres. Any good 18" tyres which will protect me more from kerbing than the pirelli ones on a tdi fr?

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
I am 1st of all looking to get my alloys rstored and get the kerb marking scratches off. Once done ill be looking to purchase new tyres. Any good 18" tyres which will protect me more from kerbing than the pirelli ones on a tdi fr?

no tyre will stop you kerbing your wheels , some have side wall protection , but wheels on Cupra seem to be prone to kerbing even with these fitted :(

I know it sounds silly but you just need to be a bit more carefull parking , i learnt the hard way after the awful scraping sound :(

Mar 29, 2007
Berkshire
Some tyres have more rim protection than others. I haven't scraped mine since getting the eagles on, but I am also being a lot more careful too!

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
yeah well my left side of alloys are kerbed quite badly now. Looking to get them repaired and put new tyres on for extra protection then make sure I park like a granny for the rest of my life haha.

Wayne Sherwood

I fitted Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres to the rear. In the last (touch wood) 3 or 4 months since they have been on my wife has stopped smashing the wheels to bits! The OE Pirellis offer no protectionn what so ever, Seat must have got them very cheap for a bulk buy.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.