Its got that CUPRA look - at last

MikeShaw100

Leon FR - White Lightning
Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Have been considering modifying my FR bumper since I got my car in Sep07 and finally got round to it today.

The guys at Raccoon (spelt with two 'c's), near Normanton, Leeds, have done a fantastic job, charging me only £50 inc vat. Thanks guys and see you again soon for the roof wrap and mirrors.

Mods included matt wrap to bumper including underneath, lowered plate and black touch up pen to hide those silly yellow clips/bits behind the three grill sections. Not bad for a mornings work and mint now with the Cupra black grill......!

Cant recommend the Raccoon guys enough.

http://www.raccoon.co.uk/leeds

26062009.jpg

26062009001.jpg

26062009005-1.jpg

26062009004-1.jpg

Mike
FR170, Crono, 18", Cupra Bumper/Grill, BT, Armrest, Alu Pack, Muddies n Mats

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
looks awesome! had mine done by a friend. got any idea how much they would charge for the roof doing?

They have quoted me around £200 for the whole roof in Gloss Black following the roof lines above the door, including the boot spoiler, to the rear window. Best speak with a guy called Dave - Friendly chap and makes a good cuppa.

Regards
Mike

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Not quite the Cupra look - Mirrors are still silver ;)

Its amazing that something so slight makes such a difference to the outer appearance of the car. This is the first thing I would do if I had a new facelift Cupra.

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
Not quite the Cupra look - Mirrors are still silver ;)

Its amazing that something so slight makes such a difference to the outer appearance of the car. This is the first thing I would do if I had a new facelift Cupra.

Yep - I fell for the MK2 Cupra when it first appeared in the showrooms and really does looks more imposing with a bit of colour. Hands up, the mirrors will be done sometime soon, hopefully with black alloys and black gloss roof panel (Dear Santa........)

Cheers all for the comments.

Mike

daveclayton

Sep 22, 2008
wakefield
emailed and spoke to raccoon yesterday. they were shocked to hear from me so early as they had only done your car afew hours earlier!

HuckingFell

Red Rules
Jan 22, 2009
Leicester
I think that looks really good, def on my list to get done once I get mine in a couple of months!! Just a shame they've not got somewhere nearer leicester to get it done!

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
emailed and spoke to raccoon yesterday. they were shocked to hear from me so early as they had only done your car afew hours earlier!

lol- you planning to get the roof or bonnet covered? If so, would be good to be there when they carry out the work, as I would like to see how it looks.

Mike

Last edited:

daveclayton

Sep 22, 2008
wakefield
having roof done mate. having the bonnet done isnt to my taste really. btw mke, do you have a private plate on your car? im sure ive seen you around

MikeShaw100

Aug 7, 2007
Wakefield
having roof done mate. having the bonnet done isnt to my taste really. btw mke, do you have a private plate on your car? im sure ive seen you around

Not likely mate, I have three daughters to pay for, two of them teenagers...:cry:

Live out near Nostel Priory and on a morning either pass through Wakefield to Leeds, or Barnsley for Sheffield/M1 Southbound. Let me know when you plan to get roof done and if its ok, might join you at Raccoon to see work being done.

Cheers
Mike

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.