Good Deal or not 57 tdi FR ??

true-blue

Sounds nice Martin. :)

Thanks, yes it is very nice, I'll have to get used to not being able to blitz 'nearly' everything on the road though. The ED30 was very quick when bluefinned, as I'm sure your K1 will be once mapped.

I had no trouble keeping up with my mates M3 (old shape - not latest) in the mapped golf and I'm sure the K1 will be as fast [B)] ENJOY !

I'll be getting the FR mapped too, and I'm considering a DPF delete - but I need to check out the MOT implications first.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
Thanks, yes it is very nice, I'll have to get used to not being able to blitz 'nearly' everything on the road though. The ED30 was very quick when bluefinned, as I'm sure your K1 will be once mapped.

I had no trouble keeping up with my mates M3 (old shape - not latest) in the mapped golf and I'm sure the K1 will be as fast [B)] ENJOY !

I'll be getting the FR mapped too, and I'm considering a DPF delete - but I need to check out the MOT implications first.

Get on ptorque group buy. 2-3 places left to fill the 10 with £50 discount. No SPF issues with ptorque

true-blue

Think I'm going to go Bluefin, as i have one already, new maps are free within the first 12 months (so it won't cost me anything) and I've heard good things about the superchips map on the 170 dpf engines. Also, I was mighty impressed with their work on the K04 Golf :D

Jun 1, 2009
west lothian
Think I'm going to go Bluefin, as i have one already, new maps are free within the first 12 months (so it won't cost me anything) and I've heard good things about the superchips map on the 170 dpf engines. Also, I was mighty impressed with their work on the K04 Golf :D

If the Superchips remap for the 170 is as good as the 140 you've cracked it.[B)]

bizzaboy

What I'm looking at doing here is having the front and back bit's wrapped in matt weave carbon effect viynal;

I'm sure this sounds a bit :w4nk: and MAX POWER ish, but I've seen it done on some red golf GTI's and personally I thought it looked very good. The other option is matt/satin black viynal.

Sounds interesting - be sure to get some Pics up once applied.... ;)
Not long to go now, just 1 more night to wait! :D

bizzaboy

What sort of peformance Stats are you looking at on the TDi FR (170 DPF) AFTER the map has been applied?
Looking at going down the remap route with mine at some point in the near(er) future. :)

wheelwright

Nov 28, 2002
Birmingham
Visit site
bizzaboy,

With p-torque's map they say you will see approx 205- 210hp and 330 - 340lbs/ft torque on a FR170 and
with the current group buy discount its £245 which includes dyno runs before and after, BUT only a couple
of places left on the group buy so be quick.........you know it makes sense :)

bizzaboy

bizzaboy,

With p-torque's map they say you will see approx 205- 210hp and 330 - 340lbs/ft torque on a FR170 and
with the current group buy discount its £245 which includes dyno runs before and after, BUT only a couple
of places left on the group buy so be quick.........you know it makes sense :)

That sounds VERY impressive (take it those stats are for the Petrol variant)! Mine is the 2.0 TDi FR. Looking on the P-Torque site, it actually states a 25bhp increase for mine, which would effectively take it upto 195bhp ? The site also doesn't quote prices?

Unfortunately P-Torque is a good distance from me, so getting to this event might be difficult at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
no mate that will be for the FR Diesel , the petrol version will map at around 250 bhp.

i think you will be surprised with the FR Diesel mate even in standard form , you can catch a lot of cars out if you are in the right gear.

Once my girl freinds FR is rolling its hard to push past her with out doing silly speeds.

bizzaboy

no mate that will be for the FR Diesel , the petrol version will map at around 250 bhp.

i think you will be surprised with the FR Diesel mate even in standard form , you can catch a lot of cars out if you are in the right gear.

Once my girl freinds FR is rolling its hard to push past her with out doing silly speeds.

Hi Rob, thankyou for your feedback.

Am a little confused (doesn't take much :) ) as the Site indicates a 25bhp increase on the 2.0 (170) TDi FR, however quoting 205/210bhp would actually be a 35bhp+ increase - 32% more? ...I'm sure I'd be more than happy with the extra performance either way! :)

As mentioned, P-Torque are a 2 to 3hr drive from me, so would need to plan this a good deal in advance. The site indicates a 1 hour turnaround, which is promising. That IS quick, while some "competition" states they need the car for a day or two!

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hi Rob, thankyou for your feedback.

Am a little confused (doesn't take much :) ) as the Site indicates a 25bhp increase on the 2.0 (170) TDi FR, however quoting 205/210bhp would actually be a 35bhp+ increase - 32% more? ...I'm sure I'd be more than happy with the extra performance either way! :)

As mentioned, P-Torque are a 2 to 3hr drive from me, so would need to plan this a good deal in advance. The site indicates a 1 hour turnaround, which is promising. That IS quick, while some "competition" states they need the car for a day or two!

Dont know why the competition would need the car for a day or two depends who the competition is of course, revo took about half an hour or so. Plug in, load software, drive away. unless custom map that is, that might take a bit longer.

delboyuk2005uk

Jan 25, 2009
St Helens
The quotes on the p-torque websire are the least gains you will acheive. Like other people said you will see arounf 205-210bhp and loads more torque at 330lbs. For 245 pounds its a no brainer with dyno runs before and after.

You also know the TDI FR standard is 170bhp. But the actual bhp can be more or less. Not every engine is the same. Thats why a custom remap in my opinion is better than a off the shelf map.

true-blue

one of the reasons I like bluefin is that map upgrades or changes are free for the first 12 months. I had previously mapped another car with my bluefin, but can now get a new map for the FR, which I can upgrade again should I change induction, exhaust, cat, dpf delete etc, plus I can switch it back to standard for servicing warrenty work etc in about 15 mins. Bargain at £390 !!

bizzaboy

Alot of interesting information on the Maps, very promising figures too.
It is CC's website that states they require the car for 1 - 1/2 days to complete a map (thats just an intermediate one!).

true_blue
, so how did you get on at the weekend? Picked up your FR? :)
And all day Sunday to blat it around to get a feel for what the FR has to offer !

true-blue

Alot of interesting information on the Maps, very promising figures too.
It is CC's website that states they require the car for 1 - 1/2 days to complete a map (thats just an intermediate one!).

true_blue
, so how did you get on at the weekend? Picked up your FR? :)
And all day Sunday to blat it around to get a feel for what the FR has to offer !

Picked it up on Friday in the end, long Story, but went camping this weekend so took the wife's Touran which has masses of space and whilst not exciting is extremely practical. Haven't driven the FR since picking it up :-o , but will get out in it tomorrow :D

Carr20vt

Dec 18, 2003
South Wales
Visit site
Picked it up on Friday in the end, long Story, but went camping this weekend so took the wife's Touran which has masses of space and whilst not exciting is extremely practical. Haven't driven the FR since picking it up :-o , but will get out in it tomorrow :D

Get some pics up be good to see it.
If you ever need some red mouse machine glaze which i'd highly recommend i have plenty left after i sold my Flash Red LCR. :)

Bedlam

Feb 26, 2009
North Yorkshire

You must have the patience of Job and are in for a treat.
In just 3 months, since getting my petrol FR, I have nearly covered the mileage
I used to in a year just so I can drive my FR, my wallet hurts but it's worth it :cry:

true-blue

Get some pics up be good to see it.
If you ever need some red mouse machine glaze which i'd highly recommend i have plenty left after i sold my Flash Red LCR. :)

Tell me more, I'm all ears [B)]

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.