Don't have a drinking problem

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
Filled up the TDi with standard diesel (Shell/Sainsbury's), drove +50 miles and then checked how many miles I had left in the tank:

I love my car :D Hope the new Facelift FR TDi will be able to get similar range/MPG

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
Must have a big tank as mine says 560, never goes higher than this EVER. Just wish I could get 560 out of a tank using my car as I do.

Rael

TDi - Smokin'!
Jul 9, 2008
Gatwick
625 is the highest mine has ever read after being filled up.

I'm in a new shape Ibiza 1.2 at the moment (loan car) and its soooooooo slow!!!!!!

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
Does the fuel range adjust itself over the previous so many miles ?
So if you have an heavy right foot it would adjust your range to suit.

Last edited:

S.E.C.T.

kiss my face
Jun 14, 2009
The North
I hope that's the case as mine is getting nowhere near the figures I've read on here. Mind you I am prone to wellying it a bit!

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
I think it calculates the distance, from your previous average MPG. How far back it takes into account I have no idea. But on leaving the garage it was sitting at ~560, then on to the motorway at a sensible speed/MPG (monitored by WifeSpeedoChecker™) and it just shot up. I reckon if I had been driving sensibly before I filled up, then maybe 650 miles might be achievable. I'm currently testing different brands of diesel at the moment. So far Shell normal derv is my fave.

Oh and I did actually cover ~600 miles before I filled up again, so its fairly accurate. But if you change your driving style, and start flooring it everywhere it will plummet obviously. So 625 is the target now to beat Rael :D

Oh dear, you're right you don't have a drink problem you have a car selection problem!
Why on earth would you buy a Leon 170BHP Formula Racing (that is after all what FR stands for) and then endeavour to drive as slowly and economically as possible? And as for testing out different brands of diesel, please please please get a life! The whole idea of the diesel FR is to make enjoyable performance driving affordable, at this rate people on here will all soon be ditching the RR days in favour of gentle economy runs, comparing carbon bloody footprints and boasting about how Britain will soon be cooling down as they single handedly close the hole in the ozone layer and turn back global warming.

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
@ Gary@Cookies, I don't have an FR yet! but we are currently considering getting a a facelift FR TDi. I have a 1.9 TDi bought specifically for cheap running and long distance travelling, although it is remapped. As for the Global Warming, I personally don't agree with the current mainstream theories, and don't give 2 hoots about it tbh.

I could go on, but as you got the wrong end of the stick I shall stop. Oh and thanks for making the FR sound so exciting, I hope it will be ;)

@ Gary@Cookies, I don't have an FR yet! but we are currently considering getting a a facelift FR TDi. I have a 1.9 TDi bought specifically for cheap running and long distance travelling, although it is remapped. As for the Global Warming, I personally don't agree with the current mainstream theories, and don't give 2 hoots about it tbh.

I could go on, but as you got the wrong end of the stick I shall stop. Oh and thanks for making the FR sound so exciting, I hope it will be ;)

My apologies for making the wrong assumption. I can assure you that the FR is just as good as you hope it will be, especially when re-mapped!:D

SlipStream

Jun 1, 2009
Yeah I'm sure the FR will be. Just got to convince my other half now :) I would go for the Cupra, but I would need to own a forecourt to run it. :lol::cry:

They should do a Cupra body with all the lightened suspension etc, but with the 170 diesel engine or better. Still tempted by the Cupra though.