2.0 TDI 140 58 PLate

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Hi guys,

I recently bought a 58 plate leon 2.0 tdi. It has 3000 Miles on the clock.
My dad has the golf gt tdi and he can easily get 48 - 50 mpg driving on the motorway.
I am struggling to break 42 at the moment. I had the ibiza fr tdi before this and was averaging 52 on the same trip.

Is this because the engine is relatively new and needs a few more miles for it to losen up?
Or is this about right for the 2.0 tdi?

Thanks

Craig

Fishy

May 16, 2005
The more miles you get on it the better it will become, but if you wanted econ. then you should have got yourself a 1.9TDI.

Sorry about that.

Fish

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Not too bothered about the econ mate, just thought it was a big drop in mpg - against my dads car with same engine.

If i wanted econ could have gone for ecomotive :D

what sort of mileage do u reckon it needs for it to really losen?

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
Hi

I've done 25k now over 3years & still seems to be getting a bit looser. Noticed quite a big step after about 12k miles.

I don't drive fast (most of the time!) & I only average about 44-45mpg over a tank. Most I have ever seen was about 55mpg on steady drive under 70 on dual & single carrigeways & driving like a granny!
Must say I was expecting more when I bought it new with about 8 miles on clock. Seemed slighty better after I had re-map done too.

Hope you're enjoying the car though? At least it looks better than the Golf!!

eltawater

Full and wholesome member
May 1, 2008
You'll find your fuel economy will start to improve once you pass around 8k on the clock.

I manage around 47mpg on my mixed route of 25 miles each way, using 30s, 60s and 70mph limits. On a trip around the cotswolds I managed 57mpg whilst driving spiritedly. :)

h34ds

Jul 6, 2008
DONCASTER
Yes enjoying the car, but want some fr alloys on it now

My dads golf also freed up and noticed a change around 12k.

What are others getting out of there 2.0 tdi 140 bhp?

I take it high 40's is about right?

thanks

Also what remap did you have done, what output now etc?

Wasd thinking of a remap later once run in a bit

Shadders

Apr 14, 2009
Sandy
I've got a Superchips re-map.
I had mine down after about 9k miles. Checked on rolling road at 185bhp & nearly 300lbs of torque! Really smooth & pulls much stonger. Would highly recommend.
Superchips now do Bluefin which means you can switch between running standard or performance settings. You get a handset that plugs in & flashes the ECU. Apparently only takes a few mins each time.
A lot of people on here also use Revo who offer similar set up. Only thing better about Superchips is that when you go back to standard map, no one can tell it was ever on there as leaves no trace. Handy when car is still in warranty.

joolsvern

The biggest MEMBER here
Jun 22, 2009
Doncaster
There's a couple of MPG threads here and in the TDI forum. I get around 40 on short stop start journeys and the same on the motorway, if I stick to 70 it is mid to high 40's and on flat country roads doing a steady 55-60mph I can get 55+.

Same car as you, had 9000 when I bought it and only 13 now, seems to be more economical but I put that down to the warm weather, aircon (usually on full) seems to drop the performance by 5mpg.

I presume Leons are heavier than golfs as when I had a golf (rental) it seemed a lot smaller on my drive. Golf's are ghay anyways :D

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members