Remaping a cupra

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
What is vagcom all about? i've heard it loads of times but don't actualy no what it is

Vagcom is the diagnostics software that the dealers use.

It can record information about the car in real world driving. Its therefore useful to get data from the car which can be interpreted before applying settings etc.

Of course it can be used for a whole host of other things - such as finding faults on the car if you have any...

luke07cupra

Wind the boost up...
Apr 13, 2009
Leeds
Can this be purchased elsewhere apart from going to the stealers?

The actual Vagcom software is downloaded for free from a website called ross-tech. You have to buy an interface (cable) that connects your laptop to your ECU. The genuine ones are about £200, you need a micro can cable for the 1p Cupra. All this is bought from Rosstech.

There are some cheap hird party cables on Ebay. I bought one and it didn't work so ended up with a genuine one.

Jan 15, 2009
Kent
Ye the switch is worth the extra cash really, mainly if you are planning on adding other mods to the car.

I've not had it on the RR yet, i'm currently waiting for Revo to get back to me as i'm not totally convinced its running stage 2+. The car has been running a few different specs lately so im a bit lost with it at the moment! I was expecting some problems with getting the power down (which you will from a standing start sprint) from a rolling start the wheels will scrabble a bit in 2nd and 3rd, nothing too serious. I couldn't make any ground on a '03' 996 Carrera 4S today, they are 316hp and weigh 1470kg so its hard to say.

I was running aggresive settings too so in theory the car should be producing around 340bhp.

Yeah at first i just thought stage 1 would do so just got the standard switch, but now i have it, im looking for more..

Oh right really!! Getting traction will not be much difference to stage 1 hopefully then, i need a new good set of front tyres which will help!

figures are pretty good then, i would be happy to be running about 340bhp, i just like surprising cars as the car looks standard but then blows them away!! lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members