Views on the different uprated fuel pumps

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
Its been proven by several people who have had failed autotech internals, I would always choose a fully tested pump over one that was done my anyone

Buy cheap and take the risk if you want but there really is not that much in the price

and LOL at you trying to compare a brand new pump with a rebuild

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
On there website it says they clean, rebuild in-house and post back the same / next day. Not a disaster being without the car for a week I suppose.

After reading all this I think il just pie the hassle and get a new Loba one now myself, like the thought of having the original spare as well and at £540 its not that much more than a rebuild...

I got a second hand OEM HPFP for £70. will cost £478 for APR rebuild so it pretty much works out the same? :)

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
Its been proven by several people who have had failed autotech internals, I would always choose a fully tested pump over one that was done my anyone

Buy cheap and take the risk if you want but there really is not that much in the price

and LOL at you trying to compare a brand new pump with a rebuild

failed because?????? poor assembly or software fuel requests.

Im just stating that autotech internals can be as reliable as apr if assembled correctly.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
failed because?????? poor assembly or software fuel requests.

Im just stating that autotech internals can be as reliable as apr if assembled correctly.

Will never be as reliable unless properly tested and you will never be able to do that as well as a company such as APR

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
BTW I would like to apologise about the idiot comment, was the heat of the moment and my bad

May 25, 2008
S.Wales
www.seatcupra.net
AutoTech had 2 revisions... first gen were problematic, internals would end up siezing up and special moly grease was needed to help with the problem but did not prevent the problem from happening...They soon re-lease the revision 2 which should have serial numbers etched onto the internals (and touchwood) been okay every since... heck mines almost over 100k...!:rofl: and it was gypo price 200! woo

jreedy

turbo'd ep3- Fr tdi leon
May 13, 2008
sheffield
I've got Autotech internals in my pump

I was at Stattler power Developments the other week and was having a chat with Craig the Tech there

He says all there development cars ran Autotrch internals and NEVER had any issues..... He just simply recommended fitting a new cam follower when fitting the internals.

If it's good enough for Statller to use then that will do for me.... They no enough about tuning TFSI lumps than most

£ for £ the Autotech Internals are hard to beat.

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
not that much of a saving :shrug:

how much are the auto tech internals? £324 on awesome GTI.

APR rebuild is £478 incl labour

so it costs £150 more and they build it for you?

Really not much in it....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I paid £180 for my internals off a guy on mk5 owners and had it fitted for £20 and its been running 100% ever since. That's a massive saving over the others and it does the exact same job.

WeeG has been running the autotech internals for a lot longer and hasn't had a single bit of bother.

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
new internals vs APR recon price is not a massive difference and is well worth paying for piece of mind IMO, remember if it fails your are talking thousands £££ worth of damage to the engine

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members