Views on the different uprated fuel pumps

betty_swollox

Richie
Feb 15, 2011
Washington
I paid £180 for my internals off a guy on mk5 owners and had it fitted for £20 and its been running 100% ever since. That's a massive saving over the others and it does the exact same job.

WeeG has been running the autotech internals for a lot longer and hasn't had a single bit of bother.

You are comparing second hand to new tho :shrug:????

Edit, and not once have I slagged autotech off. I said people have used them and had no problems

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
so your input as usual means...............fek all.

to the op, Autotech is no worse than APR or Loba its just a case of taking care when rebuilding the HPFP.

i run the autotech internals but i am meaning to get round to getting an APR/LOBA fuel pump. The fact is each individual pump from LOBA and APR are pressure tested at huge levels, far more than any tuned car could mirror. Where as the autotech fuel pump is built and fitted. I would rather have the safety margin of being proven and tested

big eck

Aug 11, 2005
Falkirk, Scotland
You are comparing second hand to new tho :shrug:????

Edit, and not once have I slagged autotech off. I said people have used them and had no problems

I never said you slagged them off :lol:

As for comparing new vs used, its just an example that buying used isn't always the bad thing that people make out. Nearly all our cars on here were bought used but we don't expect them all to break because of it lol.

Each to there own I suppose.

Apr 1, 2014
'up anley duck'
i was just speaking to someone outside of psi tuning and he said the valve caused him to lose power when having his stage 2+, (problems with fueling) he had it removed then bam made good numbers again.
its the second person i've spoke to about the valve who've had problems with it as i was contemplating in buying one for stage 2+ but didn't want the hassle in fitting then removing it if there were problems.

Last edited:

LeonCR

Oct 22, 2009
i was just speaking to someone outside of psi tuning and he said the valve caused him to lose power when having his stage 2+, (problems with fueling) he had it removed then bam made good numbers again.
its the second person i've spoke to about the valve who've had problems with it as i was contemplating in buying one for stage 2+ but didn't want the hassle in fitting then removing it if there were problems.

That is interesting, if you get a chance see if they know why

Tfsi_Mike

Aug 30, 2007
Doncaster / Germany (Army)

Probably a faulty valve. I had the renowned dip around 5.2k revs even with rs4 valve after trying a map update. A new/replacement rs4 valve sorted it.

Last edited:
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.