Rimblades?

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
Depends if you want them too! You can choose the colour to match the tyre, the wheel or any random colour. I see lots of red ones on cars, can look alright if that's your thing.

Dopedpanda

"Old" Hardcore Ford Fan
Jun 15, 2013
Denmark
Anyone here got or tried Rim Blades, apparently they protect your alloys from kerbing etc.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from a time machine

IMO they don´t look very good, not that easy to install/remove, but they will protect the outer edge of your rims. A big/high curb or something like that will still make a mark if you have protruding rims or something like that.

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
I've used rimbands before on my old car which had bbs alloys on. They looked ok but didn't really do the job as a small pothole kindly removed one completely off a wheel.

Don't think they are really worth the price you pay for them, I know the rim blades you have to use an adhesive/glue which I wasn't too keen on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leeds/lee

Oct 29, 2014
www.facebook.com
I've used rimbands before on my old car which had bbs alloys on. They looked ok but didn't really do the job as a small pothole kindly removed one completely off a wheel.

Don't think they are really worth the price you pay for them, I know the rim blades you have to use an adhesive/glue which I wasn't too keen on

I agree, not worth it.

Sent from my iPhone 9 from a time machine

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
Think I paid around £60 for the rimbands, think they are all around same price tag for the big name brands

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
I wouldn't waste your money on them to be fair, on my golf they lasted all of two weeks. One flew off itself, the other came off on a pothole. So decided to take the rest off. The better ones out of the lot seem to be the plastic rimblades that have an adhesive section and seem a lot more secure.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
I wouldn't waste your money on them to be fair, on my golf they lasted all of two weeks. One flew off itself, the other came off on a pothole. So decided to take the rest off. The better ones out of the lot seem to be the plastic rimblades that have an adhesive section and seem a lot more secure.

Thanx 4 your thoughts alex but surely the ones that the tyre holds in place r more secure than sticky back plastic jobs:lol::confused:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
The rim blades hook around the lip of the tyre then there's a small plastic clip that gets glued and hammered on. They are more secure as the rimbands have and tendency to pull themselves out due to sidewall flex going round corners. Well that's what I found with mine, they slowly pulled themselves out.

PAULTDI67

Oct 21, 2009
sheffield s.yorkshire
The rim blades hook around the lip of the tyre then there's a small plastic clip that gets glued and hammered on. They are more secure as the rimbands have and tendency to pull themselves out due to sidewall flex going round corners. Well that's what I found with mine, they slowly pulled themselves out.

Thanx alex never thought about sidewall flex kinda obvious they could work out guess i'll just have 2 learn 2 keep away from kerbs::lol: that's me parkin in middle o the road:D don't fancy hamering clips on as it'll f$#k alloys up more than light kerb rash&sticky stuf'll come un sticky wi constant washing/rain&road ****

Last edited:

AlexK1

Apr 20, 2014
Poole
It's a clip that gets hammered onto the rim protector, not the rim itself. Supposed to use a soft mallet, there's a few videos online. But yeah I agree not what you want to be doing good really.

Think it would be money better spent elsewhere and just be careful when parking

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise