Hi everyone

mike_jarrold

Dec 18, 2014
Hi guys I just found out about this site Friday m a mate at work I have a 2009 Leon sport tdi chipped to 170 ish updated cross drilled disks and EBC pads
Looks like the extra torque has killed my clutch.
I am new to this should I replace the dual mass flywheel ? I have 89k on the clock

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crafoo

Crazy Fool!
Apr 30, 2005
At home
Welcome aboard :wave:

I'd personally advise replacing it, might as well do it while you're there imo, unless it's just too much cost wise then you just have to try your luck and hope it's not fecked.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Personally I'd change the flywheel at the same time. Last thing you want is that to go six months down the line and pay for labour all over again.

mike_jarrold

Dec 18, 2014
Thanks guys I might fit a performance one seeing as I have it chipped and it has bucket loads of torque

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
If you fit a single mass flywheel it should last the lifetime of the car, assuming you don't mind the extra noise and vibration

mike_jarrold

Dec 18, 2014
What's up with a diesel lol all about the mpg I have the best of both worlds 60 mpg and 180 ps lol would love a petrol anyone know a good place to get performance parts for Diesel Leon's lol

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
What's up with a diesel lol all about the mpg I have the best of both worlds 60 mpg and 180 ps lol would love a petrol anyone know a good place to get performance parts for Diesel Leon's lol

However economical and powerful diesels are, they don't have the sound going for them. I used to love my diesel power, but always conceded the sound was naff.
And they lack revs.....

Modern diesels are great for what they are though.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
However economical and powerful diesels are, they don't have the sound going for them. I used to love my diesel power, but always conceded the sound was naff.
And they lack revs.....

Modern diesels are great for what they are though.

The TFSI aren't exactly quiet either though lol

Feb 6, 2014
Lincoln
They clatter at idle, but sound ok on the move. They are no VR6 engine, those days seem to be behind us now, but they are fine for a 4pot.

mike_jarrold

Dec 18, 2014
I agree guys petrol engines rule but diesel is a must lol anyone know any good places to get tune up parts ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.