2.0 tfsi KO4 turbo waste gate actuator tightening

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
Hey folks looking to tighten the turbo actuator slightly as right at top revs my requested boost is ever so slightly higher than my actual so want to see if tightening the actuator will hold the waste gate shut. N75 valve shows 94.9% at this point so it's flat out.

Has anyone done this and how hard is it? Would be great to get a step by step guide.

I had a look in the ramp last night and I can see the rod with the 2 nuts just need to know which way to move the nuts for tightening the actuator and if there is anything else involved??

Cheers folks

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
wind outer nut inward thereby pulling out actuator rod HOWEVER, more preload the more likely initial spool/overboost it will also become

mine was ok, and it would hold its requested better once I did this.. but I dont run mine on high boost anyhows. 20psi sustained

Last edited:

WeeG

Nov 5, 2008
Largs , Ayrshire
wind outer nut inward thereby pulling out actuator rod HOWEVER, more preload the more likely initial spool/overboost it will also become

mine was ok, and it would hold its requested better once I did this.. but I dont run mine on high boost anyhows. 20psi sustained

Is it a hard job bill? Turbo off?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members