Help with lost Locking Wheel Nut in Wrexham Area

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
I am unable to find my locking wheel nut so I am looking at ways to solve this problem on the cheap.

I've only got two on the back (dont know what happened to the front two), so was wondering if anyone has the key for the lock pictured in the local area (Wrexham, Chester).

If anyone can help me get them off its worth a fiver and you can keep the two of them as spares as I am going to get a new set.

Wheel%20Nut.jpg

I cant manage to track anything similar on eBay and haven't a clue how to find out what type it is (seen number 12 etc referenced occasionally on google search).

My local tyre fitter wanted £20 to get em off but was hoping to sort it a little cheaper as I'm also going to have to fork out for a new set plus get the job fixed I'm trying to get the wheel taken off for (Rear ABS sensor :( )

Last edited:

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire
If you have a seat garage near to you they will have a full set of locking keys and be able to remove them. Had same problem with my old car. Warning though most garages wont let you drive off with a bolt missing. So best to go armed with your new set.Seat shouldn't charge you either my local stealers didn't.But have used them many times for service.

Just checked an old key I got from a tyre place to try when I lost mine but it has twice as many splines so deffo wouldn't fit.

Last edited:

steveh8204

Mar 15, 2014
If you have a seat garage near to you they will have a full set of locking keys and be able to remove them. Had same problem with my old car. Warning though most garages wont let you drive off with a bolt missing. So best to go armed with your new set.Seat shouldn't charge you either my local stealers didn't.But have used them many times for service.

Just checked an old key I got from a tyre place to try when I lost mine but it has twice as many splines so deffo wouldn't fit.

Cheers, I thought the local stealers might be a good bet. The last time I spoke to them though they didn't seem over eager to be helpful (without bringing it in to look at at £90 p/h anyway). Useful tip about the spare bolts too, thanks again!