Mk2 leon pressing brakes and pedal vibrating

Lion87

Dec 26, 2014
Hi all as the title says im having a problem with my brakes as i press them no matter how hard or soft they make a grinding sound and when pressed hard i can feel a vibration or something under my foot? Any answers are appreciated before i take it to the stealers

Clazzer

Mar 17, 2014
Stoke on Trent
Sounds like shot pads for the grinding noise unles you have a stone or something between the pad and the disc. The vibration could be a warped disc or discs. Can you feel the brakes grabbing when coming to a stop from a slow speed like when just rolling in a queue of traffic? Normally you'll also get a steering wheel wobble/vibration if the discs are warped.
Good luck with the stealers.

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Sounds like shot pads for the grinding noise unles you have a stone or something between the pad and the disc. The vibration could be a warped disc or discs. Can you feel the brakes grabbing when coming to a stop from a slow speed like when just rolling in a queue of traffic? Normally you'll also get a steering wheel wobble/vibration if the discs are warped.

+ 1 for diagnosis. If you're handy with a spanner eurocarparts often has offers on pads and discs. A little bit of effort and you can save yourself a ton over dealer parts and labour. My rear pads cost me less than £20 and took about an hour to change once I had read a few tutorials and watch some YouTube clips.

Last edited:

Lion87

Dec 26, 2014

The steering wheel doesnt wobble i do feel the brakes when at slow speed. The one disc at the back is shot i think as theres scoring all the way round. My car is under AA dealer warranty so im going to make a claim to them i think worth a try ay

Lion87

Dec 26, 2014
+ 1 for diagnosis. If you're handy with a spanner eurocarparts often has offers on pads and discs. A little bit of effort and you can save yourself a ton over dealer parts and labour. My rear pads cost me less than £20 and took about an hour to change once I had read a few tutorials and watch some YouTube clips.

Well im thinking of giving it a go matey as this time of year money isnt in abundance im hoping im covered by warranty

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Well im thinking of giving it a go matey as this time of year money isnt in abundance im hoping im covered by warranty

Always try warranty first . What have you got to lose. I'm on a less glamorous task of phoning my dishwasher repair man today, why? I have a warranty and it isn't cleaning proper. Better to get it all fixed before the warranty runs out and it's my money that has to pay for call out etc. good luck

Lion87

Dec 26, 2014
Always try warranty first . What have you got to lose. I'm on a less glamorous task of phoning my dishwasher repair man today, why? I have a warranty and it isn't cleaning proper. Better to get it all fixed before the warranty runs out and it's my money that has to pay for call out etc. good luck

Exactly clossie! Im going to try them the car is less than a month old so going to go down that avenue but thanks fir all the great advice

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members