leon fr clutch help

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Right so I had her mapped and got a little clutch slip, I changed my driving style and used the revs abit more and it was fine. But its gotten alot worse to the point you cant boot it without slipping. So my question is do I risl it and just buy another or do I spend abit more and get a uprated one, same say a new one would handle it fine others say it may only lasts weeks. If you know anywere for decent price uprated that would be great, ive been quoted 720 + vat for an uprated kit if I cant find anything cheaper I may have to juat get a new kit and cross my fingers.... trouble is id rather not drive it cautiously worrying that im only gunna eat the new one

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
I'd be confident, we have mapped many and usually you can judge by the miles etc what they going to be like or depends if it has had a hard life

So you reckon its just a case of it was on its way out anyway and the new torque has just finished it off? So a new oem one should be fine? Just abit worried if I get a new oem and then turns out it still cant cope, money down the drain.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
anyone anymore thoughts. Would a new oem be just fine, or do i need to get a uprated one.... really dont wanna get a new kit to find out that a new one still cant handle it :confused:

Legojon

I only wanted a remap
Staff member
Jul 7, 2015
I guess its as Unit9 said... depends on what your current map is and do you plan to have it mapped further?

I considered having the clutch upgraded when I went Stage 1... but didn't. At first I was quite anxious about it. But once the novelty wore off, it was a case of "well, how often do I launch the car?". I'd wager most of the time I pull away, the torque is within its normal tolerance anyway.

Aug 6, 2013
Thatcham, Berkshire
I got quoted £900 for a standard clutch kit, DMF and Concentric Slave Cylinder. Given that me and a mate done it for nearly £400 less show how much labour is involved. Best to get the right clutch to start with, if you want to play it safe get an uprated clutch otherwise go with what Unit said.

linfordfr

nardo grey
Nov 9, 2015
south yorkshire
Has anyone had any work, or knows anyone thats had any work done at darkside. Think im gunna get these lads to do it as this is where ill be getting the kit from anyway. But id like to hear some reviews before I leave them to work on her

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members