BMN Fr tdi gearbox help.

lurch

Jan 31, 2014
Herne Bay, Kent
Hello, unfortunately my gearbox went bang the other day. So I'm after a new box. Anyone know if I can get the gearbox code from anywhere on the car rather than trying to look on the gearbox? Also any other info I need when looking for another box? Thanks

Incase you was wondering, the Mrs was driving it normally, she put it in 5th and it jumped out and there was a huge bang. She managed to get it off the motorway making a horrific noise. Turns out there is no 5th gear and the side casing on the box blew off!

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Look in the boot under the carpet where the spare wheel is. There should be a sticker there (usually on the left hand side) containing all the PR codes for your car including the engine code and the gearbox code. However, that said, sometimes the gearbox code is missing (like it is on mine). Worth a look anyway if you've not already done so.

Other than that you can ring up a dealer or SEAT UK customer services and ask them. They will know from your VIN number.

lurch

Jan 31, 2014
Herne Bay, Kent
Any code on here? From what I've researched I can't see one?

Edo9CWN4ohsepEum9

Might have to click this link... https://goo.gl/photos/Edo9CWN4ohsepEum9 as the IMG isn't working for some reason...

Last edited:

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
Nope. It should be to the right of "BMN" but like with mine, the gearbox code is missing from your sticker too.

The only free way to get it is either from a dealer or SEAT UK.

You can it yourself from HERE but you would need to register and then pay either a flat hourly or daily rate to get access to any information. The flat rate fees are shown HERE.

Last edited:

lurch

Jan 31, 2014
Herne Bay, Kent
Anyone know if any other boxes will fit? And/or what the difference is on the different boxes?
Having a nightmare finding one local.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise