Air Conditioning condenser change

Cammy_

Dec 6, 2014
Hi guys,

Does anyone have any info on how to change the condenser on Leon Mk2's?

I'm wanting to do mine but not sure how much more than the front bumper I need to take off?

I'm getting it de-gassed tomorrow and wanting to have a look at doing it tomorrow night. If it's a lot of hassle I'll just put it into the garage to do but if it not much more than taking the bumper off I can do that in 10 mins!

Cheers!

Speed-FReek

Jun 12, 2013
South Oxfordshire, UK
These are the text based instructions for removing the air conditioning condenser on a SEAT Leon Mk2 Cupra R:-

1. Drain the R134a refrigerant.
  2. Remove the front bumper.
  3. Remove the air duct system for the gearbox cooling.
  4. Remove the refrigerant pipes from the condenser.
  5. Place the lock carrier plate into the service position.
  6. Remove the radiator cooling fan assembly from the front of the radiator.
  7. Remove the radiator (with the condenser) from the vehicle.
  8. Remove the condenser from the radiator.
Refitting is reverse of removal.

The most complicated part is probably step #5 which effectively involves sliding the whole front panel of the car out (including the front cross member) on sliding centre guide pins (tool reference T10093) so you have enough room to remove the radiator and condenser.

It is sections #3 & #5 that need to be slid forward complete with headlamps still attached...

sndls6.jpg

This is how it looks slid forward on the T10093 centre guide pins with the radiator supported from underneath on axle stands...

2gxej4k.jpg

And these are the centre guide pins. You can probably improvise with something home made but if you want the proper tools the cheapest ones I can seem to find are on eBay HERE at £25.

2lsjmfk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Daryl0907
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.