Blow of valve (dv)

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
Any one fitted a bov on their cupra? If so is it a diy or a garage job?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
You can get to the DV with trolley jack and axle stands it's under the car, drivers side.

A diverter valve isn't the same as a blow off valve. Wouldn't recommend a BOV as it can be bad for boost, if you haven't got a problem at the moment then stay as you are.

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
You can get to the DV with trolley jack and axle stands it's under the car, drivers side.

A diverter valve isn't the same as a blow off valve. Wouldn't recommend a BOV as it can be bad for boost, if you haven't got a problem at the moment then stay as you are.

Thanks for feedback, got no issues at the moment but looking for a tsssh sound, any ideas?
Thanks

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
I got standard air box with green cotton filter but modded lower of air box and ran a cold air field to it

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
Best thing to do is get rid of the standard air box and replace with an open cone filter/induction kit.

Brands like ramair or revo do them. If you're considering tuning your car then the sound will get even louder because of the higher turbo pressure in the map.

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
Best thing to do is get rid of the standard air box and replace with an open cone filter/induction kit.

Brands like ramair or revo do them. If you're considering tuning your car then the sound will get even louder because of the higher turbo pressure in the map.

I know mate, I tried the cheaper version but instantly regretted not getting a induction kit as not much noise increase with green cotton filter, car getting a stainless back box and stage 1 map this week coming but will be looking at ram air/revo induction kit after that or would you say get induction before map or doesn't it make a difference before or after?
Thanks

Hawkers

Nov 7, 2015
Norwich, UK
It depends on if you're getting a custom map (that takes into account your mods) or a map from revo/apr etc. You would be best to have the car setup before going into the map.

But if I'm honest an induction kit is mainly for the noise, but does let a bit more air in that might slightly benefit the turbo.

From my induction kit it certainly sounds like you have darth vader under the bonnet and with every gear change get a tssssh.

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
It depends on if you're getting a custom map (that takes into account your mods) or a map from revo/apr etc. You would be best to have the car setup before going into the map.

But if I'm honest an induction kit is mainly for the noise, but does let a bit more air in that might slightly benefit the turbo.

From my induction kit it certainly sounds like you have darth vader under the bonnet and with every gear change get a tssssh.

Yeah makes sense, thanks for information pal, darth vader sounds good lol I will try get one of eBay fast delivery as got a few days before map
Cheers

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
On the Cupra/K1 the DV is located at the front of the engine.
Personally wouldn't bother with a dump valve (I've had the Forge spacer in the past and it was crap), get a decent intake instead which you get the noise from anyway.

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
On the Cupra/K1 the DV is located at the front of the engine.
Personally wouldn't bother with a dump valve (I've had the Forge spacer in the past and it was crap), get a decent intake instead which you get the noise from anyway.

Ok thanks for feedback, booked in for ss cat back exhaust this Thursday and ramair induction plus map on Monday, should sound the business

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
Good on you for listening to advice - the DV spacers are shite and as these cars use a MAF sensor you don't want to be losing measured air by venting it externally. Intake and a remap for plenty of boost and you'll get plenty of noise and you'll be surprised at just how much better it runs

SB Cupra

Red liner
Oct 12, 2017
Let us know how you get on :)

Had exhaust done last Thursday and made a great difference with noise sounded really good, had oversize ramair induction/heat shield fitted and wow such a big difference sounds like a animal and power is threw the roof, way better than I expected, thanks for advice

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.