Seat Leon 2008 1.6 Dashboard not working, engine stops

robertzon

Oct 21, 2017
Hello dear forum members.
I have ran into a trouble with my Seat. After 5 days of not using my car it doesn't work anymore randomly.
Dashboard has no lights when igniton is in, radio etc works. Lights turn on when I turn on the ignition. Engine starts for a second and then turns itself off instantly. Rev'ing doesn't help. Afterwards engine doesn't start for 10 minutes and then turns on for a second again.
At first I thought its empty battery because it didn't start at all but turns out its fine, had 12.3V on it. Had a fuse blown located in the interior next to the steering wheel on left and replaced that, didn't change anything.

I am all out of ideas on what to do next.. I don't have many tools at my hand because I am stranded in a City I don't live in, towing it back home would cost tons. If anyone could suggest some steps to try what don't require lots of tools and lots of space because the car is in a parking lot it would be appreciated.

Robert.

Last edited:

robertzon

Oct 21, 2017
Managed to get it fixed on my own.

Another problem occured though, when I started the car it had a really weird "ticking" sound next to left wheel.
Sounded like it came from the engine, after some time it dissappeared, what could it be?

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise