playing the waiting game...

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I just ordered a 2.0TDI Sport in Lluvia blue, along with the MP3 option, xenon's, auto dim mirror and rain pack. Now I just have to wait approx 12 weeks to get it!

Dealer was surprised I wanted the xenon's as nobody had ordered those through them before!? I was also surprised to hear that. They did a search of UK stock and there were no black Leon's with the xenons either. Perhaps its cos its expensive at £765 from Seat (only £510 on the Golf V). Hopefully it'll make it more desireable in the future.

Roll on December.

vwsurfbum

YOU'LL NEVER CATCH ME!!
Aug 10, 2005
essex
never sold a car with xenon's! only ever been asked once! and we decided against it as it would make it a 3 month wait! :p
good choice in car though they are fantastic to drive! :-o :drool:

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Amazing that vwsurfbum! I had a ride in a mate's Polo GTI a couple of years ago and loved the extra light from the xenons, especially in dipped beam (its rare for me to need full beam).

The sport was a great car to test drive with a load of ooomph. Getting back in my Toledo V5 was a shock, sure its a swift motor but it lacked the kick in the back the TDI had.

May 30, 2002
Bedford (innit)
paradyne, Did you look into getting DSG also?

Or was that not an option for you as you are planning to remap it in the future?

As I've heard this could be an issue with more power through the dsg box ?

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I didn't seriously look at the DSG option, although there are times when I'd like an auto for stop-start traffic. Perhaps if I'd have test driven one I may have been keener.

Haven't given re-mapping this one much thought and wouldn't really entertain it until the engine settles in. Fuel economy is playing a part in this cars role, plus it'll be my first oil burner so I hope it lives up to expectations.

Sure might be one of the first with the xenon's on the street. The dealer had already sold 2 Leons before mine, not bad considering they're not officially UK launched yet :)
The black TDI sport had its red cover in place as mentioned in someone else's posting. They also had a 30min or so feature playing from dvd on a nice Samsung LCD tv - Jason Plato and a female swimmer (Lucy something) talking about the Leon.

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Getting nearer now!

I just had the call to say that my car has been built (on the 24th) and that it should be with me in November. Naturally I'm happy about that :)

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Weh hey!

So, you ordered it on 15 September and you got the call 6 weeks later.

I ordered mine on 23 September so fingers crossed I'll get the call sometime this week!

All I was hoping for was to have the new motor before Christmas - looks like I'll be grinning like a cheshire cat sooner than that!

Fingers crossed.

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
My order went in on the 22nd of September.

Let me no when you get the call and ill do like wise.

The waiting game is so annoying.

@bs

My order went in on the 28th August and I've still not heard anything other than major computer problems with the ordering system. :(

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
No luck - I assume you are badgering the dealer as much as you can - I wouldn't be surprised if your new motor is lying in a port somwhere in Britain waiting for your dealer to arrange pick-up!

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Does anyone now how long the delivery takes once the car has been released from the factory?

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
My mate who works at Nissan told me a few weeks back that there was a Transport Union strike in Spain too - it's effected their deliveries - not too sure if this is still causing problems though??

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members