playing the waiting game...

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
paradyne said:
@Starbank - thats good news, reckon you should get it this side of xmas!

Well looking at the timescales you have had with your new motor, it looks like 5 weeks from the build date that the new cars are ready to pick up at the dealers.

So on that basis, should have the car around 23 December - which is a bit too tight for my liking!

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
Starbank said:
Well looking at the timescales you have had with your new motor, it looks like 5 weeks from the build date that the new cars are ready to pick up at the dealers.

So on that basis, should have the car around 23 December - which is a bit too tight for my liking!
Pretty nice crimble pressy!

Imagine if it turns up wrapped... aaahhhh :D

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Got my number plate allocated to the Leon yesterday, and my insurance is ready to go from monday. Only 5 days to go.
Might even be lucky and get an Xbox 360 the end of next week too ;-)

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
god you seen the probs with Leons from build week 43, they've all been recalled for checks!!!

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Iv had the dealer phone me up today asking if I would like to pick me car up tomorrow.

I can’t get to the dealer till Saturday. What a shame. Never mind at least it’s ready.
:D

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
Ant FR said:
god you seen the probs with Leons from build week 43, they've all been recalled for checks!!!

Is this real, and if so where did you hear/s ee it.. or are you yanking my chain? ;)

@S22JCD way to go, look forward to hearing your comments over the wekend!

orca

Aug 30, 2004
N Kent
www.bdmlr.org.uk
Hey I've got xenions on my Ibiza. Had to wait 4 moths for them!! Worth it. Thn had to wait 4 months cos one got broke. Now waiting for another cos dealer bodged repair!!! (luckily the light works, it was glued with super glue!! they thought I would not notice!!

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
A word of warning for those waiting till the last minute to sort out your new insurance. I have had several insurance companies tell me that they can't insure me because the new car is not on their system! Paradyne - who are you using?

One of these companies being First Alternative whom I'm with at the moment! They could insure me for a TFSi Sport but not the 2.0FSI Ref Sport - work that out?.

Good to hear some of you are picking up new cars very soon - just make sure you keep us all informed about your first impressions!

AntFR - please elaborate on the recalls if you can.

@bs

Starbank said:
A word of warning for those waiting till the last minute to sort out your new insurance. I have had several insurance companies tell me that they can't insure me because the new car is not on their system! Paradyne - who are you using?

One of these companies being First Alternative whom I'm with at the moment! They could insure me for a TFSi Sport but not the 2.0FSI Ref Sport - work that out?.

Good to hear some of you are picking up new cars very soon - just make sure you keep us all informed about your first impressions!

AntFR - please elaborate on the recalls if you can.

Bizarre, I got my insurance from First Alternative and found that most companies list the FSI but not the TFSI (or FSI T). Direct Line has the TFSI listed but kept returning an error, which I was told was because it is too new!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
paradyne said:
Is this real, and if so where did you hear/s ee it.. or are you yanking my chain? ;)

@S22JCD way to go, look forward to hearing your comments over the wekend!

yanking your chain out of jealousy, cos you put the build date on your sig, :p

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Thank feck for that!

Just spoke to Direct Line about the insurance situation. They are only showing 2.0 FSi Sport (not Reference Sport) as an option, no Turbo's because 'apparantly' they are not for sale yet - obviously put them right!

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Finally getting somewhere with insurance quotes!

Cheapest so far is RAC at £308 fully comp - £120 excess, protected no claims and courtesy car.

Most expensive being Direct Line at £523!

paradyne

May 30, 2004
UK, Bucks
I'm with Admiral and the car was on their system, they made an amendment to my policy and I got the certificate today. To be honest I have no idea what the premium is as its just a switchover from my current one on the Toledo. I'd imagine that it's a bit cheaper overall givern grp 9 vs 13.

@Ant FR. :) Thought it was a wind up, you had me going for a minute, especially when I looked up week 43 to see if that covered mine. lol

Starbank

Sep 22, 2005
Edinburgh
Just had a call to say my new Leon has made it to the port in Spain and will be on the boat over to Blighty anytime!

Also said the new cars are arriving at their garage sooner than expected once they are on the boat!

May just get that early Christmas pressie!

s22jcd

Jun 25, 2005
Just had my Seat dealer phone me up and their as been a problem with putting my private plates on the new car.

They need to get a form sent form Seat U.k. to enable them to use the retention document. Some new procedure that Seat has brought in I was told. Then they have to go to a Dvla office to tax the vehicle and cant just use a normal Post office.

The dealer told me I have the option of waiting three days for the personal plates to go on the car or just have a standard plate. Decided I wanted the car tomorrow and will have to sort the plates out myself.

The dealer has made two sets of plates up for me which is quite good.

I will have to send the tax disc off and get the right number plate put on it. Some time next week.

As anyone else had this problem??
:shrug:

slimjim

Professional Muppet
Feb 1, 2005
Telford, UK
www.jameshardacre.com
s22jcd said:
Just had my Seat dealer phone me up and their as been a problem with putting my private plates on the new car.

They need to get a form sent form Seat U.k. to enable them to use the retention document. Some new procedure that Seat has brought in I was told. Then they have to go to a Dvla office to tax the vehicle and cant just use a normal Post office.

The dealer told me I have the option of waiting three days for the personal plates to go on the car or just have a standard plate. Decided I wanted the car tomorrow and will have to sort the plates out myself.

The dealer has made two sets of plates up for me which is quite good.

I will have to send the tax disc off and get the right number plate put on it. Some time next week.

As anyone else had this problem??
:shrug:
Have it as it is .... take a drive to your nearest DVLA office (MAIN office) with ALL your details.

I went to Shrewsbury the other month, they did the change over there and then. Printed off a new tax disc, the lot. Just had to take EVERYTHING with me ... including my number plates.

Sod waiting two weeks!

@bs

Picked up my TFSI today and it is awesome!! :D The bluetooth option is one of the best I have seen and the xenons are sooo bright!!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.