Ibiza Mk5 photos in Ibiza Town SEAT dealers

warren_cox

Back from the dead
http://www.putfile.com/album/192026/?action=slideshow

Being the sad fool that I am, on one of our cloudy days I decided to drop by the Ibiza Town SEAT dealership and check out the Mk5 Ibiza (see slideshow link).

Interior was a monumental step forward over the Mk4 (not judging purely on looks, I've owned a Mk4 TDi FR and lived with its rattles and rhino b0ll0ck trim).

Apologies the photos aren't great but they are low res camera phone shots. Didn't feel I could strut in to dealership with a D-SLR and just take photos with no intention of buying the car.

Not sure about the outside design concept still. Took a photo of the Mk4 and Mk5 side by side, but I still think the Mk4 edges it for me on the base model, hopefully the Cupra model should sort that out in the future.

Some interesting colours too (I have a Spanish brochure and mini guide), with a very Audi-esque Sprint blue colour (Azul galia), some great greys (Gris furia & Gris track) both of which are metallic and very dark, then Black Magic (Negro magico). Luna grey remains on the palette, then there are the usual bold colours which now include orange.

Shame there are only 4 launch engine variants in the:

1.2 12v 70CV
1.4 16v 85CV
1.6 16V 105CV
1.9TDi 105CV

barely enough go to pull the skin off a rice pudding in any of them. Hopefully a 200+PS version will find its way into the Cupra with the 170PS as a diesel variant.

Still, good to have seen one in the flesh.

Mr_Dave

lnk cr b82rez 2g4!
Aug 8, 2007
Cheshire
Looks interesting. Doesn't look as bad as I thought however I'll reserve judgement until I see the next Cupra/FR, which I think have massive potential!!

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
yeha hopefully the fr and cupra models will look v nice, think i may hold out and purchase the cupra when its out:funk:

interior seems a little dark but it looks like it may just be the pic, having said that it can't be any darker than my mk2 ibiza interior lol

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Gris track (colour 6 - top row, 1 in from Right Hand Side), and Gris furia (colour 14 - Bottom Right Hand side) are very samey.

Like them both, both are metallic, but an odd choice to keep two colours so near in the colour palette. Love those and the blue which is very close to Audi Sprint blue on RS4.

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
...number 10 should look ...interesting:confused:

Surely no. 10 is this colour -

newibizagreen.jpg

no?

Oct 17, 2006
Mid Wales
I saw a Leon FR550 in this colour today - didn't look too bad actually - still not what I'd go for (I'm a sucker for red cars) but looked ok I thought.

These paint charts always look a bit different from the real thing

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
the climate control unit looks alot better than the fan controls on a non climate control car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members