HID bulb length : H7r or H7 ?

MK8

Hi guys. I been looking on ebay for a H4 Bixenon kit as i have single headlamps. Some are listed as H4-3, is this what I should buy? Is there a difference between H4-x what ever the number may be?

frenchy

TPS
Apr 23, 2007
Swindon
As long its H4 fitment you should be fine. I had a search for H4-3 and they look ok for you car. Dont go any higher than 6000k colour.

MK8

Yeah after a bit of reading, if you have the single headlamps what you need is the H4 BiXenon kit.

I was looking on ebay, and you can get them for £55.

It has to be bixenon, which means one kit does hi/low beam. I havnt bought the kit yet because i dont know if i want to waste money on the car if i will be selling it!

If you cant find the kit on ebay, let me know, ill forward you the link.

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
shouldnt scrimp on this kind of thing if you do HID convert, you get exactly what you pay for, you pay chicken feed you get chicken sh!t
hids4u even have their best kit on sale at the moment, £199 but with the code strathy it knocks 40% off to make them £119 which for the best HID kit you can get is damn good

Last edited:

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
i spose its if youve ever had a problem, i bought the goldeneye kit from a group buy about a 18 months ago it came straight from china.
For the first 8 months it was faultless then it just packed in, i then bought the HIDS4U ultimate kit and thats been in 3 cars now and comes with a 2 year warranty.

It even works in the Audi I have now, and along with merc and BMW they are one of the toughest cars to HID convert and keep 100% functions and not blow anything up.

My brother, after countless times me telling him dont get a cheap one from my own experience bought an ebay H4 Bi-Xenon kit for his Mk5 Fiesta ZetecS, apart from being a rubbish light spread and twitching to hgih beam by itself sometimes, the same thing happened and he ended up shelling out on the ultimate HIDS4U kit too.
We have both had zero problems with the ultimate kit.

I would agree it is quite expensive compared to the other kits, and thats why i did put up the latest working 40% off code, but having seen the quality of even the wiring on each the HIDS4U stuff was definitely higher quality, seperate starters, more heavy duty feeling wiring, the ballasts dont buzz or whine at all and get nowhere near as hot as the cheaper versions etc even the mount plates on the bulbs were metal and exactly same shape as a normal headlight bulb

Maybe we were juts unlucky and its just my opinion but like I said and it invariably comes true, you buy **** you buy twice

Last edited:

MK8

Yeah good point, cant argue with you if youve had two bad experianceS! cheers for the advice, will have to weigh up if i want to take a risk and save some money. Im going china in a month anyway, might wait till im there to pick up a kit now.

LandanSam

May 25, 2008
Derby
What light rating are your kits guys? I was gonna buy the 8000k ones but has anyone got the 10k? Or are you all running on 6k?

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Mines are 6000K ... A lad down the road from me is using 8000K on his Mondeo and I think it's far too blue.

lukey

4 Ringer
Sep 28, 2006
Harrogate
the zenith point between whiteness and light output is about 5k, 6k gives a nice sky bluey white look and really good light output, 8k starts going blue with a dip in light output, 10k will start looking purple with significantly less light output, 12k is deep purple and f*ckin useless

Last edited:

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
yeah there are 5000k or 5200k kits knocking about but they are rare. But you'll find there some variation in blueness from one branded 6000k kit to another. Mine seems to be a nice white blue which i'm very happy about but a friend of mine has a cheapo kit that was marked 6000k on his Lexus and they gave a bluer look.

Gorynych

For Ibitza you need to buy H7 bulbs, color temperature should be not more than 6000, becouse other temperatures 8000 -10000 12000 its crap. You will see nothing in a moist road. And other moment, if you drive all night with 8000 or greater, your eyes will be very colic (sharp pain)very soon.
I use 6000k over 3 years, on one of my cars -its a max.