Massive amount of lag

connahiatt48

Sep 23, 2017
Evening all.

I'm in need of a second opinion on an issue with my ibiza cupra pd160.

I bought the car last week and instantly noticed a shed load of lag before boost of any kind.

The car will not pull any boost untill 3000rpm and is a little dangerous when pulling out as it's completely flat untill 3k then it goes AWOL untill just over 4k then drops off again.

Now the guy I got it from said it was mapped by a local guy but I have no proof of this (Big mistake I no) but the way the car behaves says it's got a bad map on.

Now today I've gave the car a once over to check everything, all boost pipes are tight and sealed, egr is clean and tight, fmic is in decent condition with no holes or cracks, I did a Mr muscle clean on the turbo and the actuator moves as it should.

My question is has the car got a bad map or is it likely to be something else?

I don't have vcsd or access to it atall but I do have the original factory map and a copy of the map that's been loaded onto the car.

Is anyone on here able to read the map if I was to send it over to see if everything is set correctly (unsure if this is possible) or if anyone is able to flash the original map back onto the car.

It was intended to be my daily but is proving difficult having absolutely no power before 3000rpm.

Thanks in advance !!

(A picture of the car is attached, it had a seatcupra.net sticker in the window so if anyone knows any history of the car id be very grateful)
c8dca49f3eab3a41b044f536e6068766.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk