loss of power steering on cold starts

faysal

Nov 4, 2016
Turkey
when cold starting my 2003 ibiza the dashboard light of steering is on , and there is no power steering, after that i turn the car off start it again and everything back to normal, this only happens in the morning

lil3520

IBIZA 1.9 TDI SPORT 08
Nov 26, 2006
ALCESTER, WARWICKSHIRE
Might be due to your battery.
I had a problem with my power steering. My battery was 8 years old . had a flat battery when I picked car up from airport carpark. Got a jump start . drove home all OK. Went to move car after unloading suitcases. Started car but no power steering.
Got a new battery, no problems again.

Andy

faysal

Nov 4, 2016
Turkey
Might be due to your battery.
I had a problem with my power steering. My battery was 8 years old . had a flat battery when I picked car up from airport carpark. Got a jump start . drove home all OK. Went to move car after unloading suitcases. Started car but no power steering.
Got a new battery, no problems again.

Andy

True, i started my car on the second gear with only ignition on so no battery was used to start the car and i have power steering, thank you

cheshire cat

Dec 28, 2002
cheshire
Visit site
give your battery a charge there is a large current draw not only from the starter but also the power steering pump, I think "they" should have redone the software to kick in the power steering pump just after the starting of the engine but we're stuck with what we have

dm222

Dec 7, 2013
ah well p'rhaps someone will move it p.s.how are the turkish lessons going?:whistle:
If you mean what I think, you don't deserve an answer.
I bet I speak better english than you do my language.

Last edited:
Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members