Fitting LCR splitter

wedgie27

LIL_WDG
Jul 1, 2008
Worcester
Few Q's for those in the know.. I've cut down the V's so they are flush now, bit messy but will sandpaper them to neaten it up.

Do I sit the middle 2 pieces flush up against the small lip that is at the back of the bumper? How much do I need to cut back off each piece near the wheels?

Anyone near Stoke fancy fitting it me?! :D:D

Sit it about 1cm back from the front of the bumper, too far back and it is pointless in fitting it as you wont see it.
The centre part in between the 2 Vs needs to be aligned with the centre of your bumper....I would recommend masking taping it on then standing back to judge it properly.
U shouldnt have to cut the ends off until you fully fitted it....I didnt anyway.
And it looks awesome!!
Hope this helps..........;)

Nov 6, 2008
Kettering
hi guys, just a quick one, im goin to use self tappers, ive dug around in the odds and sods jar and come up with 8g x 25mm will they be to big to use??

cheers

mark_keeling52

I did finally get round to fitting mine so thanks for all the help. My Cupra is actually for sale now, so if youre interested message me for details (dont have enough posts to place an advert)

fletch2k00

deffo going to fit one of these splitters, make the front look so much better! [B)]

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
help, you know the v's, ive cut them down and i dont know where to screw thro them? it makes a V there's a hole where the v is. so where do i screw into them?

Elmo85

Mar 28, 2010
Cheshire
Looks good.

However, I fitted an LCR splitter to my last Golf R32 mk4 and I would personally say you have used way too many screw there. Should you ever hit anything that will make a totally mess of the bumper.

I ripped the splitter off my R32 and luckily I only put it on with 4 screws so it was great that it just broke straight off and caused no damage to the bumper. Any more screws and there would have been some serious damage to my bumper.

I can appreciate your car may not have clearance issues, in which case fairplay. Just dont think theres any need for that many fixings.

Dom1988

Feb 2, 2010
Wakefield
fitted it that day, but didn't end up using the silicone stuff as i didn't see where to really. has anyone got any pictures where they used it? because when i was going to take it back and get my £10quid back i must have miss placed my receipt and cant find it, so might aswell use it now ha

dash

Feb 11, 2006
surrey
Why don't they just make one for the ibiza? It definitely sort the front of the car out! Need to order one soon from the stealers and start working on it if the weather allows!:lol:

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Depends on the bumper you're attaching it to Maverick. On the facelift bumper the middle bits need to be level with the sides if you know what i mean.

I got the sprit level out and marked it that way. Easy peasy.

CJFR

Ibiza FR TDi PD150
Nov 19, 2006
Northern Ireland
Aye, lay something long and flat across the 2 side bits across the middle of the splitter, mark it, give it a rough cut, test fit, bit of a sand down and then screw the beast on, cut sides off. Job done. lol Oh and forgot, take pic, post on readers rides.

My old bumper
front1.jpg

Last edited:

barney501

1/4 mile - 14.75 @ 92.84
Oct 8, 2009
Bath
Not the best picture in the world as from iphone, will get better once weather improves but just fitted mine and quite pleased with how it went
photo-27.jpg

MBrooke

Mar 21, 2011
from experience of fitting this to my FR, its all about making pilot holes in the splitter.

first leave about an inch of the centre 2 'V's remaining then drill a 5mm hole into the small tabs on the back of the splitter

when your putting it onto your car, you may not need to use all of the tabs to secure it

BUT make sure that you work your way round from the centre to each wheel arch and zigzag your way across the bumper to make sure it all aligns right, although this may have just been me being fussy about accuracy :D

also a recommendation, when you screw into the bumper, use 'penny washers' to make sure that the splitter has support if its knocked (so it wont rip off as easily)

i used 10 gauge 1.5" self tappers and they were a B**** to make bite so 8 gauge will probably be sufficient :D

oh and the amount you cut off at the wheel arch and what shape you do it to is up to you and your personal choice :)

hope this helps anyone who is worrying about doing it :D

Apr 13, 2011
hull
looks good i like it i did the same modd to my old corsa c i had years ago it seems to be one on ethe biggest modds of this decade lol

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members