Daniel M's FR PD170 - Fixed 24.07.2017

sb_33

Is the car just on standard springs? For some reason it looks lower than my standard FR TFSI

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Well I haven't updated this in a while due to not doing much to the car recently & due to being laid off from work. I have however managed to spray the grille surround and gave the headlights a minor restore as can be seen below.

Headlights before

After sanding with 1200 grade wet & dry

After first pass with Menzera intensive polish

Finally a comparison

Hoping to add the following in the next few weeks too.

Fly eye kit on headlights & fogs
Polo stubby aerial
Golf gti pedals
All the bits for the boot pop function
Maybe lowering if funds are still good.

Comments welcome.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Not getting much attention but what the hell, I'll keep updating this anyway.

Fitted my new C2/C3 stubby aerial, huge difference to the OEM one.

Before

13763105bde04b6c7d39ac25ef00c363.jpg

After

11ddb188aaacc17439e8b6087bd4fce2.jpg

My octavia struts, mtec headlight bulbs should be here today so will fit them if my man flu gets better. Going to have the boot pop enabled this afternoon on VCDS. Should have an update in the next few days.

mjstokes85

Diesel Power
Nov 14, 2005
Long Eaton
Looking good! Whats the radio reception like with the C2 aerial? Keep wanting to put a stubby on mine but don't want rubbish MW reception as like to listen to the footy on 5 Live!

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Looking good! Whats the radio reception like with the C2 aerial? Keep wanting to put a stubby on mine but don't want rubbish MW reception as like to listen to the footy on 5 Live!

Thanks, haven't tried the radio yet but will do when I head out in the next hour. I dont really listen to the radio as I always have my phone plugged in. The aerial was more for looks than anything and at £6.50 was a no brainer.

holmefield

Forever messing with cars
Oct 20, 2013
I do quite fancy doing this boot pop thingy, i had it on my E60 5series i loved doing it when walking to the car with shopping.

how hard is it to do ? And whats needed other than octavia boot struts?

I also did the stubby ariel it looks so much better...

Mar 13, 2008
Suffolk
Same as mine.

I do like the C2 Ariel.

Trying to find cheap things to do. So far I manage to fit some rear spacers, and 5 headlight bulbs with matching sidelights and number plate lights.

I need a DA and going to do my fog lights yellow

Keep this going......

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
I have all the stuff to do my headlights ( amber laminix ) but dont fancy taking my Btcc bumper off to do them.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Same as mine.

I do like the C2 Ariel.

Trying to find cheap things to do. So far I manage to fit some rear spacers, and 5 headlight bulbs with matching sidelights and number plate lights.

I need a DA and going to do my fog lights yellow

Keep this going......

Thanks, yeah the aerial is nice plus the reception is very good from it. I'm currently removing all the fascia's to be flocked. Got a great price from a company near Leeds. £55 to do the climate, radio & speedo fascia's plus the heater vent rings.

So hopefully should have some nice updates in the coming week.

I also had the boot pop coded in yesterday too, just waiting on my octavia struts arriving, with my mtec headlight bulbs.

Last edited:

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Thanks, yeah the aerial is nice plus the reception is very good from it. I'm currently removing all the fascia's to be flocked. Got a great price from a company near Leeds. £55 to do the climate, radio & speedo fascia's plus the heater vent rings.

So hopefully should have some nice updates in the coming week.

I also had the boot pop coded in yesterday too, just waiting on my octavia struts arriving, with my mtec headlight bulbs.

Other than having the coding done do you just need the octavia boot struts to make it work???

Is there a certain octavia boot strut you need???

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Other than having the coding done do you just need the octavia boot struts to make it work???

Is there a certain octavia boot strut you need???

No you need the bumpers off a new scirocco which give the tailgate that extra push it needs to open.

The octavia struts make the boot harder to close but worth it in my opinion. The only thing I dont like is the tailgate sort of jars at the top which I think over time will make the brackets weaker, but we'll see. I'll upload a video of the tailgate now.

All details are in this thread.

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=345412

My fascia's are now on their way to be flocked, cant wait to have them back as I will have no radio for a week and the climate control unit is bodged in place haha.

I got my headlight washers working which was just a dud fuse in the end. HID's direct messed my order up for the Mtec bulbs so they wont be here until Monday/Tuesday now.

Last edited:

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Right im bummed, mines an 08 57 plate & i believed it was a facelift model as it has an 8 as the 10th digit on the vin number but just tryed the boot release method ( press & hold for a few seconds ) & it doesnt release the tail gate..it just unlocks it.

so if i order the bits looks like i'd have to get the boot lock reprogrammed on vag-com, thanks for the boot release link theres loads of info in there.

Jarre

Dec 9, 2011
Stockton-On-Tees
Right im bummed, mines an 08 57 plate & i believed it was a facelift model as it has an 8 as the 10th digit on the vin number but just tryed the boot release method ( press & hold for a few seconds ) & it doesnt release the tail gate..it just unlocks it.

so if i order the bits looks like i'd have to get the boot lock reprogrammed on vag-com, thanks for the boot release link theres loads of info in there.

Yeah you need to get it changed through Vag-Com.

Yours is a pre facelift. Facelift end vehicles didn't come in until 2009/09. It's easy to tell as they have bigger mirrors, different tailgate with different lights and the rear window also extends to the edges of the tailgate, and they have different front bumper (FR), front and rear bumper on standard cars.

Daniel M

Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough

To enable the mod it only takes 2 mins on vcds. I'm sure there will be someone close to you that has it.

This is the address in vcds..

Module 46 - Convenience Controller
Coding
Byte 2
Bit 3

holmefield

Oct 20, 2013
Cheers im going to order the bits, think I'll order the 515 power struts thou as mines got a Btcc spoiler on it. YER theres a fella @ work that has vag-com so I'll hand over some money&get him to do it.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.