Josh's MK1 LCR Wellycooler Fitted!

joshy514

Fleet Air Arm by ability.
Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I don't know why I said N/s and O/s the wrong way round, I know what it means. Maybe because I've been driving in Oman for more than I have over here lately? I don't know. I'll get pics of the rear when I'm back unless I remember tomorrow before I drive to dover. Cheers Jay!

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers boys :)
Bit of a rubbish photo as the car was dirty after a week sat there, but the requested all reds.

Also, the front has had a makeover today :) really considering a big mouth and a black cooler though, but will it be too black? Vote below please.

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Got some ds2500 pads off James to fit this week, in other news I passed my bike test this week and we've had an offer accepted on our first, with my own garage!

Sent from my iPhone

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
No real news, except the possible addition of some new seats when I get home!
I'm currently in the middle of ordering up the resistors needed for the slow speed fan problem, she might need a waterpump and belt change though as the coolant level kept slowly going down when I was at home :(.

Sent from my iPhone

Phoenix27

RIP Project Blueshift
Jan 17, 2010
Great Yarmouth, Norfolk
Nice read dude! Very similar to the modification routes i want to go down... i've got a little way to go before i get here though.

Got a mate at work offering me a wellycooler for £30, just means i'll need to get the pipework and fit it.

Looking forward to the next installment! :)

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
Nice read dude! Very similar to the modification routes i want to go down... i've got a little way to go before i get here though.

Got a mate at work offering me a wellycooler for £30, just means i'll need to get the pipework and fit it.

Looking forward to the next installment! :)

James! Guess what I have in my garage ;)

Last edited:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Phoenix you should buy that cooler, I really enjoyed fitting it to mine. What does yours have already?
There won't be another installment until October now as I'm away, but the seats are paid for :) don't think anyone had them on here although they've been removed from an fr tdi.

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
I noticed you cut and welded your cross member back together mate. I did this to, always amazes me when people cut all the strength out of it then just bolt it back on .... Not as if it ties the 2 chassis legs together or anything silly like that .... Oh wait a minute :-o:cartman:

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
I know, I've seen people remove it all together on here before! I wouldn't be comfortable driving round without it welded back up, the welds in it now should be stronger than those spot welds too!

joshy514

Mar 2, 2012
Gloucester
www.seatcupra.net
Been spending money I don't really have!
I've bought all the stuff I need to try and correct the paint as best I can,
Das6 dual action polisher
Set of dodo juice 6" fin cut pads
4" fin cut pad (fine)
Meguiars 105 and 205 compound
1500 grit sand paper
100g medium clay bar
Various applicators and microfibres
3m blue masking tape.
Came to about £170 but hopefully I can practice in my car and get my brothers 32 looking mint!
Resistors for the slow fan speed mod have arrived, just need to make a brakcket now. Mesh for the bigmouth
Also, the new seats are in my garage at work, any guesses what they are? Leather and suede with red stitching to match?

Sent from my iPhone

Sean886

May 15, 2014
Where abouts in Gloucester buddy? Misses is based at insworth...and I'm an aircraft techy in the raf.

Just had a read through your thread. Very similar to what I'm wanting! In fact my wellycooler should be here next month!!

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.