My Fr 184

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
After 7 years and 94,000 miles the Octavia has been sold for something smaller and quicker :cool:

63 plate, Jan 2014 184fr mk3 Leon.

No plans what so ever as it comes with everything I need:

• Tech pack - uprated sat nav stereo incl DAB and LED lights
  • Convenience Pack - auto lights, wipers and auto dimming mirror
  • Seat Sound - 10 speakers plus sub
  • Winter pack - heated seats and washer jets
  • 18s

It seems these days manufacturers are trying to save money so most cars I looked at came with slime, thankfully the first owner ticked the spare wheel box.

First shot when I got home. Got the seal of approval from the lad, fast asleep and dribbling on my seat belt :lol:

cmjwKNK.jpg

Tried, but on the phone it didn't pick up the LEDs very well. They do look really smart and are soo bright. Looking forward to using it on the back roads at night

8S5OJjv.jpg

Drivers side view, the red glow is from the lights in the door cards. Red in sport mode, white in any other mode. At present, I am quite like sport :twisted:

k0HjONJ.jpg

Dial view, engine off. Has the sweep feature when you start-up and all fully colour display with views for everything you can think of. The sat-nav display was really helpful when coming back from Luton where we collected the car

q0gXC3U.jpg

Couple more of the dash in better light

9PsN6Ue.jpg

aevAaDZ.jpg

So, 4 weeks of driving, 2 fill ups and quite happy with my purchase. Seems more at ease on the motorway, better mpg than the Octavia, but it is a 2l and it does have an extra gear. Seems to handle well enough, comfy, quick to warm up in a morning and have even used the heated seats a couple of times to take the edge off for a couple of mins.

Decided to give it a clean and wax today, not very dirty, but thought it would be good to get some more protection before the bad weather hits. Really liking the colour especially when the sun hits it and also the 18s and the ease of cleaning even with the bigger front brakes

Vyw5SKw.jpg

TrR76SP.jpg

CZeEntH.jpg

Still not got round to adding my plates and wurth surrounds, but it's not an issue. Noticed the other day that the light in the boot is not LED when the rest are so will change that. Bought a brodit clip for my phone as the Sat-Nav is a costly update so won't be doing that. Bought a key cover with a bit of red to match the R, but still waiting for that to be delivered. They did make a really nice carbon one, but I wasn't spending £25 on that! :lol:

8wRkmRA.jpg

I am debating whether to lose the LEON badge and keep the FR, but not sure

Dash cam fitted, suction mount always sits too low so sticky one ordered and a usb adaptor to mount it as close as I could to the rear view mirror.

cUc5A1V.jpg

7KonYgI.jpg

And my brodit clip that I mounted a phone holder to, seeing as my old sat-nav cannot be updated and I quite like waze

p8NGsPf.jpg

UJx6PTI.jpg

New look to the key. My favourite bit has to be the metal bottom. Gives the key a nice weight to it. Red stripe on the cover to match the FR bit

and 300 miles and a week after my clean and wax, still looks good

14W70as.jpg

niallain

Apr 9, 2017
Cardiff
Good read.

Just to point out, the space saver spare wheel is a mandatory option if you choose SEAT Sound. It needs it to fit the subwoofer into the spare wheel ;)

The glovebox light also isn't an LED, so get another bulb and replace the glovebox too.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Good read.

Just to point out, the space saver spare wheel is a mandatory option if you choose SEAT Sound. It needs it to fit the subwoofer into the spare wheel ;)

Thanks, hope it wasn't too pic heavy. Took it from my old forum so they needed more info re interior.

I had hoped that when I bought it, but couldn't find a definitive answer when googling the space saver.

The glovebox light also isn't an LED, so get another bulb and replace the glovebox too.

Previous owner replaced it then as mine is a cool white as apposed to the yellow glow in the boot. I have some spare from my old car so will do that at the weekend. Have also worked out I need a bit of something in the passenger door, it vibrates with certain frequencies of bass, but pulling on the handle stops it. Have found a nice bit of packing foam to fix that. Had to do my drivers door too, didn't notice at the dealership, but it wasn't fitted correctly :censored:

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise