MK4 Brake Upgrades

skorv

Nah, they dont... and Seat Racing brakes come as an option... but brembo GT is not only better but looks better as well.

BTW Ibi Fr.... you used 20mm spacers. in order not to use spacers the wheel offset should be?

Ibi Fr

skorv said:
Nah, they dont... and Seat Racing brakes come as an option... but brembo GT is not only better but looks better as well.

BTW Ibi Fr.... you used 20mm spacers. in order not to use spacers the wheel offset should be?

ET 17.... (is ET 37-20mm is 17)

It is not my car by the way! I've just saw the guy en he have like a finger space between the rims and the calipaper.

skorv

Ibi Fr.... now the only thing nagging my mind is where to find a wheel with that specific offset, not that the spacer wont do the trick.... :) cuz i really think i'll heve to use them too :(

FRed

Hi, I am the owner of the FR with the Brembo brakes.
You already know i fitted a Leon MKI set on my car with 323mm discs. I had to use 20mm spacer in combination with OZ 7x17 et 38.
But the size of the spacers depends of the shape of the inside of the rimspokes.
For example the original Cupra MK4 wheels have offset 41 but will fit even with the AP brakes as fitted in option.

If one of you has any questions let me know.

Grtz Fred

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
i am fitting my Brembo's too my TDi next week when she comes back from the bodyshop, just got some new pads, to chuck in too, scary thing is i matched em up with my mates help, and turns out they are actually Rear pads off V12 XJS jag, still £12 a pair can't complain,

S13

May 9, 2006
I'm thinking about doing a 312mm upgrade.

What's the cheapest way to do this? i.e. where to buy the parts etc
How much am I looking at?

Cheers

Ben FR

Hello there,
I Just bought some seat sport AP racing calipers straight of a Cupra and i'm having trouble fitting them onto my PD130. i've had to use some 15mm spacers on the hubs to fit them but was wondering how this will affect the handling of the car. any info appreciated.

Cheers

skorv

th_100_2539.jpg
th_100_2531.jpg
th_100_2524.jpg
th_100_2542.jpg

Ibi FR... can you post larger images or mail them to me?

[email protected]

Thankz

Last edited by a moderator:

fivepints

Hi there. I'm not happy with my brakes and have decided that I would like to upgrade. I spoke to my local Seat dealer - since I know not how to do this stuff myself - and they told me that any upgrade (including the upgrade to the Sport brakes on the Cupra) would be unviable because it would require servos, calipres, hoses and the ECU changing - that sounds like bollox to me but I'm just wondering why they are so reluctant to take my money, and who to turn to next. Any ideas? (ps - Tis an 03 130 Sport, before FR came along.)

fivepints said:
Hi there. I'm not happy with my brakes and have decided that I would like to upgrade. I spoke to my local Seat dealer - since I know not how to do this stuff myself - and they told me that any upgrade (including the upgrade to the Sport brakes on the Cupra) would be unviable because it would require servos, calipres, hoses and the ECU changing - that sounds like bollox to me but I'm just wondering why they are so reluctant to take my money, and who to turn to next. Any ideas? (ps - Tis an 03 130 Sport, before FR came along.)

Only requires changing of the calipers, pads and discs IIRC

Housey80

Can anyone tell me if £235 is a good price for a front set delivery mileage 312mm brakes off an Audi TT. Noticed a few people saying they had picked theirs up for less.

Would the AP Racing brakes from the Cupra would be better than the TT brakes? Don't want to make the wrong choice :confused:

Then again either way will be better than the standard fading stoppers

:headhurt: :drive2:

Icecavern

Jun 12, 2001
Berkshire, UK
www.icecavern.com
Housey80 said:
Can anyone tell me if £235 is a good price for a front set delivery mileage 312mm brakes off an Audi TT. Noticed a few people saying they had picked theirs up for less.

Would the AP Racing brakes from the Cupra would be better than the TT brakes? Don't want to make the wrong choice :confused:

Then again either way will be better than the standard fading stoppers

:headhurt: :drive2:

If that's off ebay from golfturbo_com he will do them delivered for £255 if you PM him on here. I've just ordered a set for the Cordy, hopefully should be with me any day :)

Housey80

Icecavern said:
If that's off ebay from golfturbo_com he will do them delivered for £255 if you PM him on here. I've just ordered a set for the Cordy, hopefully should be with me any day :)

Yep they were actually glad you mentioned that as anything saved means more done faster. :D

I'll have to get in touch and see if he can sort me out with some when I get the money together.

:cheers:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members