Opinions on carbon bonnet...

Hi,
There's a thread going at the moment with a possible group buy on carbon bonnets and i wanted some input on weather you guys and girls think my car would look good with a carbon bonnet.

I've done a quick photo edit to see what it looks like and need some opinions.

Cheers

Rich

CarbonBonnet.jpg

caveo

only black , grey or posably white ( at a push ) look good with cf bonnets in my opinion so youll be ok i think. ps photofit looks good.

RikH

Texas Cowboy
Oct 17, 2005
Yorkshire
i know the bonnet will be a 3rd the weight
but its basically a cosmetic mod isnt it.

i've displayed interest in the bonnets, but with the price they are i dont think i could live with the stick id get off folk everytime i got out of it.........well not without a c/f roov and boot! then id would look ACE

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I wonder if anyone wanting a carbon bonnet has seen one in a crash?

They don't have the same properties as a flat steel one in a front end crash (so don't crumple)

they just can go straight back into the cabin..... nice.

caveo

nice ! right where my neck is... I AM THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN!!!

Fenix

Apr 17, 2005
Essex
I think you'd need more CF parts - the FTO I wanted had CF bootlid, spoiler and sideskirts. Now that was gorgeous! Just a bonnet would look..odd.

But if that's what you want, go for it. It looks ok :)

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
I have to agree CF is just something that in not even interested in unless its to an extreme.
I just dont see the justification unless you have money to burn and nothing else to buy

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
richybigman;1720003i don't want to look like a comlete kn0b getting out my car with people thinking i'm some sort of chav.[/QUOTE said:
:lol:

It's not "chav" necessarily - but it's not a mod befitting anyone over a certain age....

Everyone has an opinion of what that age is. IMO it starts with a 1

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
:lol:

It's not "chav" necessarily - but it's not a mod befitting anyone over a certain age....

Everyone has an opinion of what that age is. IMO it starts with a 1

:cartman:

interesting point re crashes though....

ive also wondered about the lightness effecting grip and stability ... especially at high speed. mine can feel nose light as it is:(

caveo

I thought this to but didnt want to sound a spaz if the oposite was true.

CupraMVR

Awesome GTi Technician
Oct 19, 2006
Crewe Cheshire
Doesn't it move the center of gravity lower if your taking weight from the top? and make it handle better ? Dont a lot of top super cars make there bodies from CF.I think it would look good from your pic rich.End of the day its your cash and people in the know, know what it is and why it is there

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
Richy - I'm VERY disappointed in you. :(

I thought you had taste...... and now I see a thread with a CF bonnet.... tut tut young man! lol

Save yourself the £400 - in fact - don't - give it to me instead :)

EDIT: perhaps i was being a bit harsh - i did, at one point (for a couple of weeks) have neon's on my car LOL......

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Well i lke them !! :p !!
But only on the wright colour car
Black, white, dark grey and maybe yellow

Although they are very expensive and i can think of better things to get for £400

Phil K

Here's your sign
Oct 18, 2004
Surrey darling...
tbh I think they can look good on the right colour but wouldn't consider having one myself as my car is used daily and I like to drive it properly... would also be far too worried about the resulting effect during an accident :(

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
I wonder if anyone wanting a carbon bonnet has seen one in a crash?

They don't have the same properties as a flat steel one in a front end crash (so don't crumple)

they just can go straight back into the cabin..... nice.

Is this realy what happens?
When ever you see F1 crash test's they just shatter fair enough they do spend a lot more money on F1 cars but surley a bonnet would be the same.

:worship::worship::worship:
Please dont kick me off m0rk :D

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.