Engine vibration and whistle noise...

AlexFR

Jul 23, 2017
UK
Hello guys.

Alex the newbie here.

Need some advice. When my engine is running with the car stopped there's is some alternation in the way the engine vibrates, it's vibrates more for a couple of seconds going back to normal and it keeps going on and off while the engine is running. The is no difference on the engine rpm as it always stays below 1000. And also there is a whistle noise that is somehow intense when I turn on the engine but it goes more quiet few minutes after. Is it the turbo? Is it normal? What do you guys think?

Share with me your expertise ohh wise ones :confused:

2007 Ibiza Fr pd130 all factory

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Whistles sound like a split/disconnected boost pipe Alex.
Mine came off between the intercooler and the turbo,
I just had to refit the spring clip that had popped off, it caused all sorts
Of nasty running.

AlexFR

Jul 23, 2017
UK
Whistles sound like a split/disconnected boost pipe Alex.
Mine came off between the intercooler and the turbo,
I just had to refit the spring clip that had popped off, it caused all sorts
Of nasty running.

Did you notice any delay on the turbo kicking in some times? I actually notice that on mine this morning!

Bustabloodklart

May 2, 2017
Sorry Alex I'm pretty new to all this Seat malarkey.
Mine was barely running, certainly not capable of being driven anything less than ultra sympathetically.
Obviously a detached pipe ='s no boost so no turbo at all in my case with ultra lumpy idle.
I'd start with the pipes as it's the easiest thing to check and then if no go praps go over to the Briskoda forum which seems to have much more activity on (remember the Fabia VRS is the same car with a different suit on) than this one with more 'experienced' guys on.
Easiest way to look at intercooler pipe is to remove plastic liner in driverside wheel well. :)

Last edited:
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.