Where is the Convenience control unit

Ibiza130pd

Hi All,

Does anyone know where the Convenience control unit is located? I believe this controls my alarm? I want to replace this, but not been able to find it so far....

mgrays

Dec 9, 2006
Aberdeen
I think it is the the central controller unit.. which on a RHD car is located mounted horizontal about 14" of the floor mat of the driver's foot well over the brake pedal. It has lots of multi plugs plugged into it from the underneath.. sure that is is .. had to plug new plug into it for fitting cruise control .. and it controls all the car systems and there is a seperate ECU for the engine. Previous generations did not have the split system ... something you need to learn/know for VAGCOM.

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
The convienance control unit sits right above the clutch switch mounted on the side of the heaterbox bracket.

fabia1.jpg

Nothing to do with central electrics which is the horizontal control unit.

Last edited:

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
The convienance control unit sits right above the clutch switch mounted on the side of the heaterbox bracket.

fabia1.jpg

any idea if it's the same as the leon/toledo ross?
stuff008.jpg

Ibiza130pd

Thanks for the info. Can I ask if you have replaced one of these units before, if so, is there any reprogramming require? or can one just replace an old unit with a new one straight from the box?

techie

Skoda Techie
Mar 22, 2003
Worcs
Sorry for the late reply but yes the unit will need both the soft coding done and the remotes reprogrammed.

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
That's a better location than the Passat then, my CCU is in the passenger footwell, where it swims in water because of the Passat "fill up with water in the rain" design feature....

Looks a bit of a mare to get to in the Ibiza though....

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002

fabia1.jpg

So come on, how many screws did you have left over at the end ;)

Cuprar72

Aug 29, 2017
East sussex
as in just the keys? asking as i believe mine has packed up and its over £400 new, starting to think id be better of buying a new car lol spent so much on this car getting it up to a top standard where do draw the line and say enough

everson38

May 15, 2017
walsall
as in just the keys? asking as i believe mine has packed up and its over £400 new, starting to think id be better of buying a new car lol spent so much on this car getting it up to a top standard where do draw the line and say enough
Hey pal wad wondering if you ever got this sorted and how much was it in the end?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.