Mk 4 Ibiza cuts out when warm

clive

May 16, 2017
Hi, my first post after trawling many threads but not getting a fix to my problem. Ibiza Mk 4 July 2002 1.4S 16 valve BBZ 6L engine cuts out when warm. An afternoon of VAG diagnostics found no faults. Air leaks tested for as well as TBA cleaned, new fuel pump and filter, plugs, coils, etc etc. Compressions spot on and battery fine. Could it be the alternator which is showing below range?

Bit of history - never had this problem until I had a repair following water pump ceasing and causing timing belt to snap. New belt, valves and pump fitted and independently checked to confirm all ok. Piston rings fine. Engine runs great when driven in any gear and at all speeds. Just the cutting out problem persists. I wonder if the water pump ceasing and belt breaking could have caused any other damage unrelated to valves, pistons, etc that would not be spotted on VAG, e.g. Engine coolant sensor or anything that wouldn't show on diagnostics or show a false ok?

Seat master technician spent an afternoon finding nothing and checked for all possible air leaks. He wonders if it is fuel injectors as he knows this engine has a history of this problem. Proving to be a tricky and costly project. All suggestions welcome!

Clive

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.