Mk4 Fmic

stevie.w

182bhp 297lb/ft
May 26, 2006
COOKSTOWN N.IRELAND
ive just ordered my fmic, cant wait to get it sorted. been reading through the instructions and it seems pretty straight forward to fit, so reckon ill maybe try it myself, before id pay someone, my front bumper is gonna take a bit of cutting to allow it to fit but it should go in no bother. been reading good things about the forge unit, so hopefully it all goes to plan.

orange

Jun 9, 2006
Hi,

I've read that it is quite difficult to install the Cupra FMIC in a car with Xenon lights because of the washers. What’s the option to install a FMIC in a car with Xenon lights? Is it possible with the Forge FMIC?

Cheers

Wizardtm

orange said:
Hi,

I've read that it is quite difficult to install the Cupra FMIC in a car with Xenon lights because of the washers. What’s the option to install a FMIC in a car with Xenon lights? Is it possible with the Forge FMIC?

Cheers

They don't have experience with installing the FMIC together with xenon/washers.
Please try it, because I'm stil thinking of installing the FMIC but I don't want to be the first with headlight washers to try it [B)]

stevie.w

182bhp 297lb/ft
May 26, 2006
COOKSTOWN N.IRELAND
well i got my fmic and as you can see by my sig i got it fitted with the carzone bumper no bother. fitted it myself, was surprised how easy it was to fit. and for the price forge are doin them for in the group buy there for nothing, well worth the money. car feels as lively durin a roastin hot day as it does on a winters nite.

ibiza_fr_james

May 4, 2004
Chandlers Ford
stevie.w said:
well i got my fmic and as you can see by my sig i got it fitted with the carzone bumper no bother. fitted it myself, was surprised how easy it was to fit. and for the price forge are doin them for in the group buy there for nothing, well worth the money. car feels as lively durin a roastin hot day as it does on a winters nite.

looks nice, any chance of seeing some pictures of the whole car, espically the wheels

gazjones

looking good im getting mine on monday but with no writing on it looks good there mate

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
Ant FR said:
ha ha , i got most of it bar a bracket, dam you back order
Ant is that the securing bracket for the FMIC? The reason I ask is that I was waiting for one, as they sent two of the same side. The part then went onto back order and when the Parts Dept chased the order, he was told by SEAT Tech, that it had been superseeded - you use the same mount for both sides.[:@]

gazjones

fitted my forge fmic today with help of spaniels fr will post up some pics when i get them off my phone first impressions are good nice engine note now and pulls slightly better

Bunnin

Stealth machine
gazjones said:
fitted my forge fmic today with help of spaniels fr will post up some pics when i get them off my phone first impressions are good nice engine note now and pulls slightly better

Hey i turned up at a crucial point! (when it was finished) with me there to point and ask questions. i dont think youd have ever got it finished :lol:

But the fmic looks great, and certainly shifts

gazjones

Ibiza Evo 2 said:
Right side washer...what do you mean exactly?
the housing where the headlamp washers are will foul on the top intercooler pipe with mine i had to cut a bit out so it fitted around the hose!

pine

Sep 30, 2005
Finland
gazjones said:
the housing where the headlamp washers are will foul on the top intercooler pipe with mine i had to cut a bit out so it fitted around the hose!
Same story.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise