MK4 Exhausts

nickibizaCUPRA

mk3 CUPRA hell yeah!
Oct 15, 2005
crawley
ive been tryin milltek for a couple of weeks about a mk4 petrol cupra zorst and they keep telling me they dont do one!!! so i have given up with them now and my car is booked in at powerflow on saturday! woo hoo!

gazjones

got my downpipe today just waiting to get it fitted will post sound pic up and it will prob be running stage two on the clip as well!

Ric 2001

Need an ID-ten-T form
Ant FR said:
i am gonna e-mail milltek, as i know the 1.8T Fr one does not fit the 1.8T cupra model and they do not list a 1.8T cupra one on their site.

But on the Milltek site and according to Big boys toys the cupra Tdi and 130 Tdi are both the same part number. How can this be though as the cupra bumper is quite obviously longer than the standard ibiza rear bumper.

I will post up what the say. The guys at big boys toys tried to tell me that the system will grow as it heats up and will end up poking out more. But after i left i had to laugh to myself as yet again i think i have been blagged, i supose at least they did not tell me to put a grow bag under the car at night......

Who says it doesn't fit?

Bought the downpipe off you ant,

And bought the IBIZA FR 1.8 20VT (FORMULA RACING) for me Cupra.

Cat-back Centre Section
Centre Section Replacement Pipe
Rear Silencer (Single 118mm Oval)

From Awesome GTi. All fit fine, and the guys at big boys toys is correct, seen this happen on mine and on a VXR exhaust.

Housey80

Sorry for the dumb questions if it has already been answered somewhere but I did search and couldn't find it.

Just wondered if anyone could say whether Milltek or Blueflame was a better quality kit or more suited to the Ibiza FR TDI.

I know people will have their own preference and I don't want to start arguments just wondered if anyone had seen or had both and what they thought?

:confused:

Housey80

I haven't checked if it is available yet but I read in a couple of places about blueflame using a PD130 as a doner car for a full system so I think they should have got one developed by now.

Just trying to work out which way to go at the minute as both look to be good quality systems!

f a b

gazjones said:
you can see most of the milltek system on the first pic
Photo-0058.jpg

Photo-0062.jpg

Hello,
Please, can you tell me the reference of your full non resonated Milltek system. Here in France it is possible to the milltek system but with a single 120mm Rear Silencer :(
Maybe if i tell us the good reference it is possible to have your model :confused:

I like your twin pipe rear silencer and i think that i can put the same full resonated System as your on my 2007 FR model 1.8 20VT :)

Thank you in advance ;)

gazjones

its is the fr tdi 130 rear silencer but is the same part number as the oval one from milltek just has twin jet or oval at the end of the part number! i got my cat back system from awsome gti. if you are ordering it from milltek just ask for the twin jet silencer and you will get it, i dont know why there is no listing for it in the fr 20vt section on the site!
cheers gaz

gazjones

these are the part no for the system from milltek
replacement pipe (middle) msse117rep
back box twin jet is msse120
sports cat and downpipe msse116

Last edited by a moderator:

f a b

Thank for your quick answer :)
Do you have the Milltek High Flow Cat on your FR :confused:

gazjones

yes i got it fitted on monday but having it adjusted to fit perfectly tomorrow ill put that part number up as well if you like in the previous post when i find the recipt!

gazjones

f a b said:
Ok,

So i will have the three good part number :clap:
yep updated part numbers post
depending on if you want a middle silencer or not that part no might be different. but i think it just not got rep on the end of it!

f a b

Thank you for all ;)

Actually i've a Supersprint 145*95mm for Cupra model, but It is too low on my FR, strange because the "new" FR has now the same rear than the cupra model :(

kohmikey

Black Ibiza SC Cupra
Oct 14, 2005
Bedfordshire
I had my Milltek fitted by Vagtech last week and the difference is very noticeable, well worth the money.
I went for the FR 1.8T version and there are couple of things i would like to warn people of before they do the same thing:

The Rattle:
I had a rattling noise which when i took it back to Vagtech turned out to be because the way the tail pipe section sat, it was knocking against a bracket which holds the brake fluid line. I'm guessing that the extended exhaust system from Milltek would have avoided this problem.
I'm not sure if the bracket on my car was wrong as on the other drivers side it was smaller and a different shape but unless Vagtech hadn't "adapted" the bracket (30 mins work free of charge which they didn't have to do because I asked them to order the 1.8T FR version) thanks John, the only other thing to do would have been to move the tail pipe section back to compensate for this. If you read further you will see why that was not an option...

The Tailpipe:
As Ant FR said, the length of the Cupra bumper is different to the FR bumper which means that the tailpipe now sits flush on mine. (Moving the tailpipe section back to compensate for the rattle above would have made it sit stupidly too far back).
When Vagtech said that the whole system extends when warm (just as Big Boys Toys did to Ant FR) i was a bit dubious but when they showed me I saw they were obviously right, it extends about an inch which then makes it sit alot better. To the point where i am happy to leave it like it.

Conclusion:
So really if you have a Cupra and want to get a Milltek system get the extended Cupra version otherwise like some people have said, the FR one does fit and sounds great but you will have to put up with it sitting flush to the rear bumper until you start driving it for 10-15 mins and if your car is like mine there is that risk of it potentially knocking against the brake fluid line bracket and you might not have tuners as helpful as Vagtech who will sort it for you FOC!!;)

Hope this helps.

gazjones

mike mine rattled loads against this bracket as well and i had the fr version for my fr found out the middle section needed lots for force to get it into the cat section! mine still rattles wehen i spin the wheels whole exhaust hits everything uprated exhaust mounts i think lol

f a b

PLEASE, Can you show me exactly on the photograph of this page for exemple where the Milltek system was knocking against a bracket.

gazjones

if you look at the pic up the page of mine, you can se the backbox then the pipe further to the front of the car ands then the back beam that stops you seeing the whole of the system. where the pipe bends to clear the bar there is a break pipe bracket with is pretty big for what its used for. it rattles against an unused bit of the bracket! hope this helps. the system can be aligned up to fit without cutting the bracket though