Options affecting Leon lead times

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
I phoned Matt at JCB earlier this week and he said he would be emailing the registration and finance documents out before the end of this week. I believe you are picking up your car the same day as me?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I was planning Saturday 3rd March? You the same?

Dyno2012

Nov 4, 2017
I phoned Matt at JCB earlier this week and he said he would be emailing the registration and finance documents out before the end of this week. I believe you are picking up your car the same day as me?

I had a call from my dealer early last week telling me that car was arriving the next day and gave me a list of registrations to choose. Finance documents emailed this week, delivery confirmed for 1 March. As always in life it depends on the efficiency of the individual - I've dealt with a chap at Derby Seat and he has been excellent to date.

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Oooh exciting. I have to get a train from Sheffield so I'm hoping I can sort a time with him in the afternoon. But yeah like I said I haven't had any contact with Matt for the last two weeks :|
I am just down the road from you in Derby, however I am in London on the Friday seeing a few bands and stopping over so am getting the train from there in the morning. It may be that I don't pick up until the afternoon depending on how I'm feeling.

I may bump into you (not literally) either there or on the long drive back up the M1.

james88

Nov 21, 2017
push for the cheque.

I ordered a 5dr Cupra on 17th October with an estimated delivery at the end of March. I do not have a build week confirmed now. Even though I have been told twice that I have.

This Monday morning I called for an update to be told I have a confirmed build week of 11. I mentioned that this was now heading into delay territory. I mentioned that my own dealer had suggested that I would likely receive a call offering a goodwill gesture. They completely denied any such offering. At 5pm the same day I was called to apologise for the delay, told my build week was still unconfirmed and offering me the same 3 options that keep popping up. I took the cheque (advised it will arrive within 6 weeks of collecting car)

I was also told to contact the adviser direct as soon as I know when my current vehicle will be collected. They will arrange a local enterprise to deliver me a vehicle at home/workplace.

I am past caring when it will arrive now that I know I will have use of a vehicle in the meantime.

james88

Nov 21, 2017
push for the cheque.

I ordered a 5dr Cupra on 17th October with an estimated delivery at the end of March. I do not have a build week confirmed now. Even though I have been told twice that I have.

This Monday morning I called for an update to be told I have a confirmed build week of 11. I mentioned that this was now heading into delay territory. I mentioned that my own dealer had suggested that I would likely receive a call offering a goodwill gesture. They completely denied any such offering. At 5pm the same day I was called to apologise for the delay, told my build week was still unconfirmed and offering me the same 3 options that keep popping up. I took the cheque (advised it will arrive within 6 weeks of collecting car)

I was also told to contact the adviser direct as soon as I know when my current vehicle will be collected. They will arrange a local enterprise to deliver me a vehicle at home/workplace.

I am past caring when it will arrive now that I know I will have use of a vehicle in the meantime.

Owen83

Feb 9, 2018
I ordered my FR ECOTsi ST start of December...... Its on the boat to the UK as of this week. Not too bad.

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Worst news possible for me.

The car is onsite with the dealership but it turns out to be the wrong spec. I'm going to have to reject my order.
It looks like VWFS will be extending my current 280 for another 20 weeks :(

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Luke_bank

Aug 11, 2017
Worst news possible for me.

The car is onsite with the dealership but it turns out to be the wrong spec. I'm going to have to reject my order.
It looks like VWFS will be extending my current 280 for another 20 weeks :(

Unbelievable!! What turned up!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield
Now I've just received a email from my dealership to say that it hasn't arrived yet and is expected to be delivered any day now.

I'm really confused to be honest.
Both CS and the dealership have provided different information.

I'm going to have to go down there to clear things up.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Now I've just received a email from my dealership to say that it hasn't arrived yet and is expected to be delivered any day now.

I'm really confused to be honest.
Both CS and the dealership have provided different information.

I'm going to have to go down there to clear things up.

Is there the possibility that your order is still on its way but you have the order details for an old one?

I certainly hope so! You've made me paranoid that my order is wrong now and that's been sitting at the dealership for a couple of weeks!!

Last edited:

Carlosram

Sep 29, 2017
Derby
Is there the possibility that your order is still on its way but you have the order details for an old one?

I certainly hope so! You've made me paranoid that my order is wrong now and that's been sitting at the dealership for a couple of weeks!!
Have you had your registration information email Ewen?

I've had mine and I am not happy with the registration GK18 EDL. I know this wouldn't bother some people but I don't want any association with a far right political group or the chances of my car getting vandalised by some left wing group.

I have spoken to Matt and to be fair he is going to try and change it.

ewen1605

Jan 17, 2016
Sheffield
Have you had your registration information email Ewen?

I've had mine and I am not happy with the registration GK18 EDL. I know this wouldn't bother some people but I don't want any association with a far right political group or the chances of my car getting vandalised by some left wing group.

I have spoken to Matt and to be fair he is going to try and change it.

Don't make him give it to me!

But no I've not heard anything yet :( going to call as soon as I've finished work

Lmbarrett83

Sep 8, 2017
Sheffield

Very possible, and that's what I'm hoping the outcome to be.

No need to get paranoid yet, as I have changed spec a few times since I started the process last summer. I was one of those who couldn't make up their mind :)

I didn't realize that they were having to cancel orders each time until later on in the process.

It may be that I've been given and the tracking the wrong SLI from the start.

Oh well, I'll have to wait and see. I suppose as long as I get to keep the current lease it's no big issue.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise