Ateca space saving wheel

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
I am changing my leon for the Ateca both with 18"wheels. Can anyone tell me if the 18" space saver off my Leon will fit the Ateca? Also, the rubber floor mats and boot liner are they interchangeable. If so it could save me to 500 notes for the protection pack and 100 plus for the wheel. I am not taking their offer of superguard paint protection as I think it is a waste of time? What do you think? The stealers want £639 for the protection pack including the superguard treatment.

Last edited:

Tell

Staff member
You should find the space saver is fine. Basically Seat don't post sell the Ateca space saver but its the same one as the Leon. Some dealers sell that to people, others get them off ebay or that Seat dealer that runs an Ebay side to its business (Horton). They either come with the tools in a bag or small foam mould like this.

If it's not a 4Drive the wheel and tool kit, the mould for the Leon snuggles into the well. If it's 4Drive not so pretty solution with the moulded one for the tools as the one you can buy ordered with the car, basically 4Drive spare is bolted in more proud, the Leon moulding is suppose to sit in the well doesn't so doesn't look right, but then given a panel goes over the top and with a 4WD you'd never store much else under there the aesthetics becomes a bit academic. If it's the one with the bag of tools you just place them somewhere down there. Basically it's the 4Drive spare wheel moulding that you cant get hold of / couldn't. The Leon kit is fine for 2WD.

The internal mats are the same as the Leon / Golf Mk7 so fine. Can study Seat parts but standard to a range of VAG cars.

Reckon the boot liner won't be the same as the Leon. I don't have one but invested in the Seat reversible mat since the boot mat that comes with the car is like an ice rink. My chiller box was coliding into the tail light cover, came off when you opened the tailgate the cover would drop out to the ground. Did that twice. The reversible rubber mat keeps thing stuck down in the boot. Isn't a boot liner so you still have the left and right tidy areas but if carrying muck it will drop into those areas and go down.

People buy eBay boot liners... You can eyeball those areas to see how they cover that up on the eBay photos. So you loose those areas with some.

I like the tidy areas since with 4Drive you are pushed for space with axle taking up half the lower area of the twin boot flour, the wheel the other half, so I have the electric pump on the left, windscreen sprays and water on the right. A few tools wedged around the sparewheel, rope, a velcrose boot tidy along the back other stuff plus a free oil tidy velcrose where I travel with some top up all. The old large triangle I keep at the back behind the chilled box to protect the oil container if there was any movement from the chiller box. UK delivered cars don't come with a triangle kit, but if you check the top right side of the boot there are two straps supplied which is where you can fit a more modern triangle kit. There is one hook either side for hanging shopping bags, Karoq has total of four....

Nope, didn't pay for Superguard myself.

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2009
Very helpful write-up Tell which has saved me time, trouble and expense such is the power of this forum. The only thing I am unsure of now is a 12 volt socket in the Ateca boot which came in very handy in my Leon. I didn't notice one when I looked at my purchase which will be delivered next Thursday. If it's not there has anybody fitted one? Because I will need power in the boot.

Tell

Staff member
There wasn't a 12 volt socket in the original Ateca in the boot. A search in the latest manual if it shows everything in it, there still isn't. USB output placed in the rear passenger of the 2017 shipped ones. People on the Spanish Ateca site have fitted 12 volt out. I've seen that. On this site

https://www.clubseatateca.com/

Ah German site

https://www.ateca-forum.de/index.ph...m-Kofferraum-einbauen/?postID=76043#post76043

Came from this link

https://www.clubseatateca.com/threa...s-traseras-finalizado.3123/page-4#post-234995

And here

https://www.clubseatateca.com/search/967592/?q=12+volt&o=date

Basically if they are wired for a tow bar then you got power to the back, other than that you haven't. Wiring for a tow bar is an option, it isn't otherwise. That German thread shows where they went in for the power.

Last edited: