Cupra R Front Bumper on MK II Toledo

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Hi guys, was wondering if anyone could shine any light on the situation for me in the hopes of getting the Cupra R style front bumper onto the front of the Mk2 Toledo, I've heard in the past I might need to buy ones that comes with guides? If anyone could make sense of it or has done it gimi a shout!

If possible if there's any bumpers going for sale on here also feel free to post below :)

Cheers guys!

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
In the same boat buddie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep seems to be a trend, haven't seen too much posted about it and not overloaded with pics on Google of the swap, but it looks well on the few I've seen :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
hi guys, yes it is possible to put the cupra r front bumpers on the mk2 tolly, the guides are from the cupra r as well and replace the stock guides for the original bumper. if I remember right the just bolt straight on but that was like 4 years ago I did mine.
its easier if you got a mate to help lift the new bumper on if you've just had it painted !

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Ah nice Joe so it's no real issue getting her on? Don't suppose you guys know of any for sale? Preferably red but any colour will do :)

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
sorry mate. nearly didn't answer your question there - no its not that big of a job to get it fitted, good time to do anything to the lights too while its off as you cant take the lights out with a bumper on

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Appreciate it Joe, yea that'll be handy cause I've just ordered new bulbs, guessing you can't install them without taking bumper off too lol

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Straight fit once you have got the cupra r guides, the R bumper slides on to the guides where as standard bumper clips on ,

Biggest issue is you can't actually slide it on past the headlight with out damaging the paint because it tucks in behind the headlight and is difficult ,
What I do is slide the adaptors on to the bumper then there's two 8 or 10mm bolts for the guides and then I just bolt the guides back to the wing inside the arch lining and job done .

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Straight fit once you have got the cupra r guides, the R bumper slides on to the guides where as standard bumper clips on ,

Biggest issue is you can't actually slide it on past the headlight with out damaging the paint because it tucks in behind the headlight and is difficult ,
What I do is slide the adaptors on to the bumper then there's two 8 or 10mm bolts for the guides and then I just bolt the guides back to the wing inside the arch lining and job done .

Thanks for the tips spud, hopefully a bumper will present itself in the near future.. Just got adapters there to put the 18'' interlagos on so it would all tie in nice lol

spudboy6

Feb 4, 2014
Swindon
Great ! I'm glad you got it sorted !
I ended up buying a smashed bumper for about £80 with guides repaired it had it painted on the cheap don't shy away from cheap damaged ones because you can then have it painted or wrapped

If you need any more help or info Steve pm me anytime , don't get on here too often but pick up messages (Y)

Steve2pwn

Dec 27, 2016
Really appreciate that spud ^ top lad! I shall definetly keep an eye out :)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.