Newbie with a v5 issue

Toledov5

Nov 1, 2017
Hey folks. Just bought a 2002 toledo v5. Decent enough but needs a few little things doing.*
Now what I've noticed today is the rear carpet is damp , I didn't check this before I bought it but hindsight is a wonderful thing eh

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what did they do to rectify it?? I thought it might be the window not going fully up because to me it sounds like I can hear some road noise from the back (as if the door is not shut properly). On a damp evening like tonight the rear windows are steamed up/moistured over but the fronts are not so does this point to the windows being the issue??*

Sorry to go on a bit*
Cheers guys

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
hia mate it the inner door panels that leek on these same as the leons the seal goes and water gets in that's why your windows fog up too, theres loads of threads about it on the leon section quite an easy fix by the looks of it, hope that helps a bit.

Toledov5

Nov 1, 2017
Can you elaborate a little mate seen I'm a bit of a technical numoty lol. You mean the door cards ?? And what seal on them mage ?? Thanks

joe-20vt-toledo

Mar 7, 2012
yeah man, sure, behind the door card there is a metal panel which holds the speaker, and other door bits this is riveted on to the inner door skin and sealed with butyl, this seal goes bad after a time and water runs inside the door skins as its designed to do and drain out the holes in the bottom of the door however over time thease can block up with muck but water find its way past the butyl out the bottom of the inner door card and into the foot wells = wet carpets and foggy windows https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqol7BQelgI
that's a good video on the door leaking issue.

Last edited:
SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise