Post The Toledo's

TerrificToledo

Apr 1, 2010
I'll keep that in mind... i bet a Cobra would have a shock if a Toledo diesel overtook it anyway haha. I'm gonna drop mine about 20mm too, something just to give it a bit more "stick" to the corners. Thanks for the advice

Colin C

Apr 1, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
@Colin C, how much is that lowered by?

As Hugh said Eibach quote 45 to 50mm lower but the V5 is already 20mm lower than standard so I would say they have lowered by about 25 to 30mm. I have no before and after measurements as my old front springs broke. I have always used Eibach Pro springs before but I'm really pleased with these, lowered just the right amount ( I don't like Toledo's too low as the rear wheels move too far forward in the rear arch IMHO ) and the ride quality is very good, slightly bouncy wheel pushed on A roads but that's down to the 90K mile shocks rather than the springs.

bambaaaa

Feb 23, 2010
dunfermline, scotland
28032010059.jpg
28032010063.jpg

Colin C

Apr 1, 2003
Southampton
Visit site
Finally got around to fitting my LCR wheels, I didn't think they would suit the Toledo but now they are on I think they look pretty good, sorry I didn't get chance to clean it first:redface:

DSC00864.jpg

DSC00865.jpg

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
hi, been a member for a while just never posted. some smart looking toledos here will get some pictures of mine posted. Colin C love the LCR wheels!

Yeltzman

Mine's in the signature below. ;)
Alloy and black wolfies and OEM boot-lid spoiler.

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
DSC_0002.jpg
[/IMG]
tolly1.jpg

heres mine and yes that is an lcr splitter on the rear bumper didnt like the way my exhaust looked and thought id try something different.

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
I like it! - Good to see more blue ones out there.

What did you do with the exhaust/splitter on the back? do you have any more pics of it, I'm looking for ideas for something different with mine too.

Last edited:

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
I don't really know how to use this site yet but I have started a readers ride thread with the title "toledo 110 tdi progress thread" there's more pictures of what I have done in there.

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
they are the splitter from the leon cupra r, they're around £20 from the seat dealers, the part number is 1ml805903, you need to cut them a bit and screw it on. there are guides on how to do it on here, the splitter on the back of mine is the same as the front one just thought i'd experiment a bit to see what it looked like.

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
Here's mine, I wanted to wait until i got her lowered etc but at least it's a work in progress...
P1000625.jpg

P1000627.jpg

P1000628.jpg

P1000636.jpg

P1000622.jpg

P1000633.jpg

I don't know 'bout you guys but I love my car!

kewe

Jun 20, 2001
Edinburgh
Visit site
Looks good Bob, alloys are very smart - I love mine too:)
The only thing that could tempt me away is a WRX but not much chance of that at the moment.

Also loving tollydans - nice work there matey!

ruairidoc

Not my toledo below! But i seen it about N. Ireland!
Rare in white. Love the wheels Not sure on the Purple thou!

DSCF0517.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

Tartan58

Ex Seat Owner!!
Apr 10, 2008
Edinburgh
not sure about that white one, the side skirts look far too big, not really a fan of the "broken suspension" look!

tolly_tdi

diesel power
Dec 13, 2008
York
Hey bob, nice car...exactly same as mine lol was thinking about getting those RS4 alloys too, what a coincidence

dvance

Mar 23, 2010
Good stuff guys! I see Tartan's updated his signature to include the new spoiler ;)

Yorkshire Bob

Feb 7, 2010
that white one looks like an Alsatian, great front and a knackered back-end, it could be so much better...it's probably got exhaust clamps on the springs to get it that low...which unless you live on an airfield means you ain't going too far from home without grounding it...but then again not everyone likes the same.

tollydan

Nov 20, 2009
manchester
Looks good Bob, alloys are very smart - I love mine too:)
The only thing that could tempt me away is a WRX but not much chance of that at the moment.

Also loving tollydans - nice work there matey!

thanks, i think yours is one of the best if not the best toledo i have seen. yorkshire bob i need to get mine lowered too, think it would a lot better with the wheels tucked into the arches more.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.