monty77

Originally posted by Crispy
Apologies, i meant you.

Check this out:

########################################
Ive been trying to get decent sound out of my stereo through a amp

I tried Rca converter's......Sound poo, interference etc

High level inputs were better but not great, still interfernce etc

So ive now opted for a Alpine Controller, The controller still uses the original stereo as a tape player and radio through speaker inputs but the CD player has a direct RCA connection.

The main bod of the controller is up behind the dash and the screen is mounted in the ashtray.

The result is a clean headunit quality signal coming out and sounds as good as any other stereo.

Problem solved IMHO
Piks as follows

http://www.seatcars.net/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=50584

######################################

Hi mate,

...this looks very promising without the expense of hacking the dash apart.

Can I ask where you got the controller from? I'm assuming it's this one: http://www.alpine-europe.com/2003/products2002/gb/cra_1656sp.htm

I can't find any internet retailers that stock it :(

Cheers,
A

Barry

Red'n'Blue Army
Jun 4, 2003
Essex
www.rednbluearmy.com
I am not sure if people are still looking, but I found this conversion that Saul has done. Details are on the front page of sc.net

stereo1.jpg

stereo2.jpg

Barry

Red'n'Blue Army
Jun 4, 2003
Essex
www.rednbluearmy.com
On the front page scroll down to the bottom and you will see the two arrows. You will need to click the arrow that points to the right quite a few times. It was posted about a year or so ago.

Sorry, I should have explained it better the first time.

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
Originally posted by Barry
On the front page scroll down to the bottom and you will see the two arrows. You will need to click the arrow that points to the right quite a few times. It was posted about a year or so ago.

Sorry, I should have explained it better the first time.

***cough*** that is mine now;)
slightly improved by yours truly since them photo's were took,

DJ

Barry

Red'n'Blue Army
Jun 4, 2003
Essex
www.rednbluearmy.com
Originally posted by Deejay
***cough*** that is mine now;)
slightly improved by yours truly since them photo's were took,

DJ

It looks really good. Have you got any newer photos?

EDIT : I have just seen the photo's on your website :)

Last edited:

Revo Kev

www.onlyrevo.com
Feb 24, 2003
www.onlyrevo.com
Nice website Deejay...

"North-West Pasty Massif(you know who you are!)." I'll be back at Christmas maybe we should have a SNWMAPS meet up!

Ave it!

Deejay

no prawn sarnies ere
Nov 8, 2002
ЯEPUБLIC OF MANCUNIA
Originally posted by Barry
It looks really good. Have you got any newer photos?

EDIT : I have just seen the photo's on your website :)

early jan 04 I should have quite a few pics when all the ice is "finally" finished-centre console is under construction again as we speak!

Nice website Deejay...
Originally posted by Revo Kev

"North-West Pasty Massif(you know who you are!)." I'll be back at Christmas maybe we should have a SNWMAPS meet up!

Ave it!

no probs ken sounds good,I'll bring some ale round(bring mork wif you if hes up for it?)

Jammy

Jan 24, 2004
Yeah i did this, Much cheaper. not as perfect but better than paying 125 spots.

Was also thinking about smothing it all off n spraying it, but then thought it would look crappy n too smooth.

JAmes

SetH

Just emailed them, they said the cost is 255 Euros which is about £177. However you have to pay for shipping to spain, and then from what i understand they add the shipping cost for the return onto their invoice.

Close to taking the plunge though! Is the Centre console hard to remove?

Last edited by a moderator:
May 25, 2004
Newport, South Wales
Surely the face mounted seperately from the unit itself as spoken before (sunvisor, ashtray) then the face wouldnt display properly? Wouldnt resistance of such fine cables throughtout that sort of distance only increase voltage drops etc? Sounds a good idea in theory, would look very tidy!

Let me know how you get on, hopefully be mounting mine unser the steering wheel shortly...

Last edited:

Baz1

Dec 6, 2004
Leicester
Barry said:
I am not sure if people are still looking, but I found this conversion that Saul has done. Details are on the front page of sc.net

stereo1.jpg

stereo2.jpg

Hi guys...

Does anyone know who this install/cpnversion belongs too now?? And more imporant.. WHO DONE IT??? I need some advice on doing something similar in mine and need to know what to get rid of etc etc.

And detaisl on the front page of sc.net?? Well.. I couldnt see them!! Any help guys??

Thanks

Baz

Copra

Used To Be "mk4polo"
Feb 7, 2003
Hampshire
Visit site
yes, but there is also a button to manually adjust it. If you dont have a arieal attached to the std radio, how does it get a signal to set its self?

Deleted member 10425

I am very interested in this as at the moment i have mine under the steering wheel and is starting to get on my nerves a bit. So does anyone know if there is a conversion you can buy?? or any information at all, i have heard that you can buy a new centre console with a smaller screen and the room to put your head unit in, anyone heard of this or where to get it from??

if not does anyone know of a place in the UK who can do the conversion ??

thanks for the help,

Deleted member 10425

could you tell me how?? lol! !

Is it your origional centre console or did you make a new one ?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.