Can any 3rd party head units control OEM CD changers?

Phil

The Symphony head unit in my Octavia has packed up. I'd like to find a 3rd party head unit that will control the OEM (Panasonic?) CD changer.

I've found adapotrs to use a 3rd party changer with the original head unit on many car audio sites on the web. However I cant find one to go the other way :(

Help!

satilaboy

Jan 13, 2006
hmmm,

I wanted to keep my CD changer when i went to do an ice install ....

back to the drawing board i guess

Aug 29, 2006
Poole
http://www.raysmith.co.uk/

These guys parantly do the adapter which will allow after market HU's to control the OEM cd changer, but you need to be in the trade aparantly.

Had a quick browse on the website to see if they do it but couldn't find anything...

Anyone here use/used them?

johan karlberg

Yes there is one that allows blaupunkt HU's to plug into the standard changer aparently. But you can't plug non-blaupunkt HU's into the adapter.

why isnt this possible? i have an vdo cd4203 Hu, the cd changer mini iso contact fitted in my vdo Hu and the changer got powered up and scanned the cd's..
but i cant choose from tuner to cd changer.. it will not recognize the changer.. it can be that blaupunkt (got rns-d) have another pinout in the mini iso.. but it also can be an completely different interface.. somebody here probably knows something..