Mk4 cupra FMIC onto a MK3

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
Has anyone fitted a MK4 Ibiza Cupra Front mounted intercooler onto a MK3??

I'd like to improve on the standard SMIC but don't really want a big forge front mount mainly because of the cost and also I don't want to remove the black plastic honeycomb grille in the bumper, want to keep the factory look.

Also I've noticed you can get standard size and fitment, alloy replacement intercoolers. Do these offer any significant improvement??

Forbez

Huge Member!
Feb 11, 2004
S.Wales
Visit site
AM-motorsport have a FMIC where you can keep the grill, the problem with the mk4 fmic would be that the inlet and outlets are on the same side, and mount at the sides, and not from the rear.
This is a problem as there isn't much room there.

It could be done, but would be a lot of work!

Ant FR

Feb 15, 2005
Kent
don't think you'll get the mk4 FMIC to fit due to th efixings on it, although sure you could make something up if you had the time an dpatience.

As for uprated side mount, good compromise, but you woud need to ensure airflow to it is good to get maximum performance. but still not cheap.

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
been looking at the AM motorsport ones and they seem pretty good but still £700, looks like I best start saving!

What BHP is the standard SMIC good for?? Won't to get it to around 210-220bhp, basically get it up to the same power as the new mk5 golf gti, focus ST and Astra VXR

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
its more about the heat than the power if its a hot as **** day u wont run 200bhp
while if its midnight during febuary, it'll prob cope with 210bhp ok

at the end of the day, if u want the car to pull as strong as possible, fmic is a must

JKing

Cupra-R
Aug 9, 2003
Mansfield, Notts
photobucket.com
hmmmm I think I'm just gonna have to admit defeat and start saving for one!! I love the look of the AM racing one, do you know if you can still fit the engien cover though?? like i said I'm looking for the factory look

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
JKing said:
hmmmm I think I'm just gonna have to admit defeat and start saving for one!! I love the look of the AM racing one, do you know if you can still fit the engien cover though?? like i said I'm looking for the factory look

main.php

Like that then? http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=1304&product=FMIBFMIC

£625 - less 10% SCN Discount plus VAT £660 - lifetime warrantee

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
lol yes stock mesh has to go, unfortunatly the pipe workl is completely different as the A+M outlets are on the sides where as the forge ones are on the rear

its unlikely ud actually be able to buy the A+M one anyway...seem to be only for a select few and i think they said they were ceasing with the 700quid one for a 900quid one

no real point mapping over an fmic, but if u got revo u could knock it up with sps3 i guess

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise